Author Topic: Mint Yoghurt Dressing?  (Read 3438 times)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Mint Yoghurt Dressing?
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:35:59 pm »
Hi was wondering if anyone had a TMX recipe for Mint Yoghurt Dressing?

When we lived in England there was a sandwich shop that used to make Chicken Tikka Sandwiches with a Mint Yoghurt Dressing and I fancied making some up as I was going to make the Tikka Paste, for making Butter Chicken, and figured I use some of the paste to make Chicken Tikka sandwiches :)

My memory of the dressing is that it wasn't overly thick nor was it runny (as the supermarket dressings seem to be, mind those are salad dressings and sandwiches aren't overly big here) and figured hey I'll try you guys :)

Can you help?
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mint Yoghurt Dressing?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »
Rob there is a recipe for Cucumber and/or Mint Raita on page 133 of the Indian Cookbook that might be right to use as a dressing in your Chicken Tikka Sandwiches ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:36:20 pm »
Denise thanks for the pointer, I had no idea what a raita was and hadn't checked the recipe out.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54:42 pm »
Thanks for asking this question Tarasis, the mint dip from a great Indian restaurant close by is a family favorite but I've never even thought to try and make it. Will have to give it a go now.