Author Topic: Nigella's choc chip banana muffins  (Read 65311 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nigella's choc chip banana muffins
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 01:01:41 pm »
Great news Denise.....did you try reducing the sugar?
I was very naughty and used the amount of sugar stated in your recipe Maddy. :D DH and DS have eaten all but two of them already ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline amie78

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 07:27:29 am »
I made these the other day but my cord was under the bottom of my TMX and I added way too much oil. So sadly they tasted like deep fried muffins. I had another attempt today and they are so good!  Thanks for the great conversion.   

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 08:07:34 am »
Yum, I am making these tomorrow. Got a bag of bananas today for 99 cents.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 03:01:18 am »
These smell great. I am controlling my self not to have one right now (straight from the oven)

Offline Lisa70

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 01:03:29 am »
Hi, I tried these yesterday and made the mistake of not checking if I had all the ingredients first!. I halved the sugar, substituted canola oil for the vegetable oil (which I managed to spill all over the thermie, benchtop and floor) and then realised I had run out of muffin cases as well!!

I was hoping to make a quick batch before school pick up and because I was rushing.. absolute chaos!

The kids still loved them so will try again and hopefully it will be a little more relaxed....

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:56 am »
Lol. Pays to double check you have all the items needed before starting a recipe. I have done this myself a few times and it's frustrating having to stop half way through to go and buy the things you need. Sometime substitutes can be used, but other time it's just not possible without that major component.
Hope it works out better for you next time :)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 05:21:11 am »
Made one without choc chips, we all enjoy it too...
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 12:13:25 pm »
This time using up flake bites, yum..
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »
I made these yesterday but wasn't all that impressed with the flavour/texture although they looked and smelt good.

jakodai

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »
I made these yesterday, and they were great. This is a recipe that has been on my to do list for a long time - so it was only right that I did them soon after getting my thermomix!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 02:28:59 am »
They look perfect Amanda! Hooray! Did DS enjoy them? ;)

I might try this recipe one day, but I am still too attached to the banana chocolate chip muffin recipe I always use, since it was the one my mum used to bake for me when I was a child :D

stacelee

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 02:33:26 am »
White chocolate chips with banana in muffins is really wicked (and I'm not a fan of white chocolate) or a combination of white & dark chocolate....very unhealthy but scrummy.

jakodai

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 03:14:04 am »
They look perfect Amanda! Hooray! Did DS enjoy them? ;)

I might try this recipe one day, but I am still too attached to the banana chocolate chip muffin recipe I always use, since it was the one my mum used to bake for me when I was a child :D

He did! We shared one after they finished cooking, and we both 'licked the bowl' a little too. I was going to give him one after dinner but he didn't eat his dinner and was too tired and fussy so ended up going to bed instead. He can have one tonight or tomorrow. It depends on whether he eats his dinner!! Lol

It's hard to top mum's recipes. And if you're happy with the one you make, you don't need to change it.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 03:44:29 am »
Muffins straight out of the oven... still hot and while the chocolate chips are still melty... oh yummmmm! The thought brings back so many happy memories :-))
Licking the bowl is the best part of baking! My brother and I used to share the bowl-licking duty and mum would always leave us each one chocolate chip in the bowl too ;D

A shame he didn't eat his dinner. I bet you were keen for the muffins to be eaten so you could make something else! Or is that just me? :-))
I love muffins warmed up with icecream for dessert... ;)

Yeah, I have a few recipes that I don't think I will ever change. I'm very sentimental like that lol :)

Offline MamaMix

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 03:40:35 am »
Yum!!! Just made these, used a bit less sugar and chocolate chips, will try cutting back on the oil and adding an egg next time - because there will DEFINITELY be a next time! Delicious!!! Thanks!!
Made in Denmark, living in New Zealand with my soulmate and 3 gorgeous kids (4, 3 and 1).