Author Topic: "Oh, I could never spend $2000" and other such gems!  (Read 15775 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: "Oh, I could never spend $2000" and other such gems!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 04:27:17 am »
I just say "each to their own" Or "you too could own one if you put away $40.00 per week for a year"

In the scheme of things it sounds expensive but just giving up 1 take away meal each week will pay for a TM.  Why would you have take away when you can have a beautiful risotto in 20 minutes.  It takes us longer to drive to the takeaway shop.

Smokers probably spend more than that on cigarettes.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:42 am »
yes we do gert
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 04:53:09 am »
There you go then. A Thermomix a year for two smokers in one household.  Thermomix and HotmixPro even.

If I smoked I would give it up to have. HotmixPro.

Anyone got a light?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 05:01:21 am »
I tell people that I agree that $2000 is a lot of money, and that the price was the only drawback to the purchase. Because of the price, I took six months to think about buying, and during that time I imagined how much easier and better each meal would have been cooked in the TM!
After taking the plunge, and now three years down the track, I can honestly say it was worth every cent. I also tell them that if (Heaven forbid!) anything happened to Thermie, I would have to get another.
My friends and colleagues know I have a TM and use it all the time, (they often reap the rewards  :)), and know that I am genuine in my enthusiasm. I was floored once when at a friend's party someone asked me about it as they knew I had one. I was discussing it with them when someone else came over and listened for a bit, then said " Oh, I hate it when people try to sell those things!" and walked off before I had a chance to explain that I wasn't selling anything!  :-))
Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 05:21:29 am »
I understand how people think we are a bit crazy because I thought like that myself before I bought my TM.  I can remember having big doubts even after I put in my order.

I tell people that my TM had paid for itself in the first 17 months of grocery savings (even with the introduction of organic food) and in the next two years has saved me over $4000.  That normally silences them pretty quickly.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 06:27:48 am »
I got the "if they were that good then you would be able to buy one in the shops"

On that same day, I had a smoker say gee thats a lot of money to spend on an appliance! What on earth do you say to that!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 06:40:12 am »
My friends all want a thermie, but spend heaps on take aways, and then say they can't afford one.

We never buy take away, our closest is 25 minutes away...

I could spend $2000 really easily..
just ask my husband.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 06:45:34 am »
It took me about 2 minutes to spot my new fridge, do the deal and whip out my credit card but I bought my TMx quicker than tat and she had it in the car so it was instant gratification and I did not have to have a bloody delivery demo. I was lucky.

Gert

mcmich

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 06:48:16 am »
That's the way to go Gert. Delayed gratification -- who needs it?

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 06:54:27 am »
Yeah who need corks in bottles? Give me a screw top  every time.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 07:10:22 am »
I'm with you there Gert,
saves time and energy, just unscrew the top. ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 11:54:24 am »
Haha - yep definitely a screw top and I see that some sparkling wines are entering the market with screw tops. Love it ! 

I was very impulsive and asked my demonstrator to just bring a thermomix with her on the night for me cos I was going to be buying anyway. Did not want to be waiting. Have had my TMX for over a year and have not regretted once. Went on holiday for a month recently and lent themie to a friend. A week other she ordered hers!  Love it when people just "get it".
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 11:57:28 am »
Haha - yep definitely a screw top and I see that some sparkling wines are entering the market with screw tops. Love it ! 

I was very impulsive and asked my demonstrator to just bring a thermomix with her on the night for me cos I was going to be buying anyway. Did not want to be waiting. Have had my TMX for over a year and have not regretted once. Went on holiday for a month recently and lent themie to a friend. A week other she ordered hers!  Love it when people just "get it".

Too true.

Gert

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 08:04:15 pm »
It took me 2 yrs to find the money, and decide YES I will have a  *:.
I am so pleased I did, and agree with JD we share similar objectives on this forum and 'get it' which is why it is such fun on here.
I'd known about  *: for about 3 yrs, they are not that common in UK yet.

DH is very pleased with new meals and I am very pleased with spare pair of hands in kitchen. Although now have spare pair of hands as DD back tonight for 3 mths!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »
Enjoy having your Daughter home for 3 months Jess.. :)

[/url