Author Topic: Juicy Muffins  (Read 19806 times)

Offline isi

• View Profile
Juicy Muffins
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:47:35 am »
Hello :) :)

These muffins are delicious and so quick to do.
Adapting to the Thermomix was so easy because its making is so simple - as the result - hmmmmmmm
For all these reasons I'll share with you:

Juicy Muffins

first ingredients:
250 grams of flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch of salt
120 grams Sugar
1 egg
80 ml sunflower oil
250 ml Milk

second ingredients:
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons milk
Pitted cherries (used in canning in this one)

Preparation
Put all  first ingredients in Thermomix for 1 minute progressive speed 3-4-5

Place a spoonful of mass in 12 Muffinforms
Place cherries on top to taste

Add the remaining second ingredients ;) to the mass  and programs 20 to 30 seconds on Speed. 4-5
Distribute on the White Mass and place in preheated oven 170 º for 20-25 minutes

Soooooo yummmmmiii!
Hope you like them as we do!
Regards
isi

members' comments

cathy79 -
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 10:02:27 PM »
Reply with quote Modify message Remove message Split Topic 

Cathy79 - Made a double batch today with morello cherries and olive oil - didn't want to buy another oil.  The double batch just fits in the jug perfectly. Delicious.  Very light and moist, and easy.  I put three cherries in each, which was just enough for the kids.  For dessert we drizzled a little of the syrup over the muffins for a little added flavour.  Yummy!

cookie1 - we really enjoyed them. DD had one in her lunch at work and someone said 'imagine putting all that work into a muffin!' DD didn't enlighten her that it was easy with the TMX. Thanks for the recipe. Next time I think I'll put a few more cherries in as I only put 4 this time. I used sour cherries.

Chookie - Made these for some workmen for morning tea.  They loved them.  I didn't have any cherries so dropped in some choc bits. They and DH ate the lot.   Not bad going for 3 men.

Chelsea - I will have to try these again I think using cherries.  I made them but substituted raspberries for the cherries.  The batter wasn't sweet enough for the raspberries though - I should have thought of that.
I made these again using 65g of melted butter instead of the oil.  I also used spelt flour and rapadura in the recipe.  They worked a treat and were so buttery and sweet.  Yummy.

JD - These are great but next time I am going to use sweetened cherries not sour cherries for the very reason that Chelsea mentioned ie the batter is not a sweet batter.  Like the sound of the choc bit addition too Chookie.  You could put a dob of jam in there as another alternative too.

AMY - I've got my own variation of these muffins in the oven right now. I put one dark chocolate melt and a sprinkle of almonds in each.
ETA - A really great recipe Isi, thank you! My muffins were quite heavy but were still lovely and moist and soft.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:05:06 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Juicy Muffins
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:10:43 pm »
They look delicious Isi.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:28:06 pm »
Isi,  these are most unusual to look at ,  and Ill bet they taste terrific.   I'll bet the kids love them..   Next time the grand children come I think we will make them.  thanks again.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:38:35 pm »
I love the look of them too isi. Can't print them out at the moment as we had a power failure for a very short time and now the stupid printer has had flashing lights all over it for the past 5 hours and won't turn off even if I pull the plug out.  Have emailed technical people at HP, now have to wait for goodness knows how long.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline katesjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:08:32 pm »
These have instantly been added to my weekend baking list!  Can't wait to taste them.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 09:42:13 pm »
Looks yummy Isi! You must be a FABULOUS cook! Your family is very lucky.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:58:25 pm »
I love the look of them too isi. Can't print them out at the moment as we had a power failure for a very short time and now the stupid printer has had flashing lights all over it for the past 5 hours and won't turn off even if I pull the plug out.  Have emailed technical people at HP, now have to wait for goodness knows how long.

Ha ha Judy. Good luck with HP. Once had a failure and an hour long conversation  with some HP tech in India who kept telling me to slam the lid down and then harder and harder. I thought he was taking the p** but turns out that was the answer. Once it was sorted we talked about the cricket. Later got a phone call from his supervisor wanting to know why it had taken so long on the phone. I pretended I didn't speak English. What a hoot. Thermomixer would love that story.

Muffins look great.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 12:41:22 am »
Thanks Isi - they look great - good thinking with the two layers  :-* :-* :-*

Yes Gerty - love the idea of somebody chatting to the call centre.  One episode in Mumbai calling had one of the episodes had a calling with info on the town he was calling and he was asking "Oh do you shop a the .... supermarket and go to the .... park?"  etc as if he was from the area - but he didn't know how to pronounce the names of the places.  So funny.  I recall hearing somebody from Oz interviewing the Concierge at a hotel in the West Indies during the last test series and getting their opinion as nobody else was awake in the Caribbean at that time - funny.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 01:03:58 am »
Just to prove I am the dumbest computer person on this forum - I discovered I was turning off the wrong switch at the wall, there are so many cords down there :-)) :-)) :-))  All is well now and I have printed out this lovely recipe isi.
Gretchen - quick thinking by you probably saved that chap his job. Well done. You do get to chat about cricket a lot but now we have the Indian cookbook, maybe we can chat about food instead ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 01:18:14 am »
Golly gosh yes - you silly billy - I know what it is like with power cords!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 05:28:35 am »
These look and sound lovely.  Can't wait to give them a go.

Thank you

Trudy

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 09:54:59 am »
Just to prove I am the dumbest computer person on this forum - I discovered I was turning off the wrong switch at the wall, there are so many cords down there :-)) :-)) :-))  All is well now and I have printed out this lovely recipe isi.
Gretchen - quick thinking by you probably saved that chap his job. Well done. You do get to chat about cricket a lot but now we have the Indian cookbook, maybe we can chat about food instead ;) ;)

I have a labeller  ;D ;D ;D and my family joke that I label everything (which I do  ;) ;)) but find it particularly handy for labelling cords at the plug end when there are something like 14 cords behind my desk and about the same behind the entertainment unit! Has saved many a moment of frustration!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 12:04:42 pm »
Mumbai Calling had so many 'home truths' in it. I really enjoyed the show.

Judy it's lovely to hear that others have similar problems to me. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 10:21:03 pm »
Mumbai Calling had so many 'home truths' in it. I really enjoyed the show.

Judy it's lovely to hear that others have similar problems to me. ;)

Funny show. Wish I had recorded it,

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 10:33:21 pm »
Any thoughts on the importance of sunflower oil?  I seem to be collecting oils.  Want to try these today with morello cherries.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com