Author Topic: Bloodshot Eyeballs (with photo)  (Read 5491 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Bloodshot Eyeballs (with photo)
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:49:24 pm »

Doesn't sound very appetizing, does it? :)

Here comes the 2nd recipe from our Halloween 2012

They are so delicious that it would be shame to wait for the next Halloween to make them again. This could be very practical for party menus.
You can serve them as plain eyes.
Or you simply serve them as balls decorated with dessicated coconut, candy sprinkles...etc.

Ingredients:
100g Graham biscuits
300g Ricotta
400g white chocolate

Decorate with:
M&M's or Smarties
60g dark chocolate
1 egg white
200g sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
Red food coloring

Preparation:

Grind 50g of white chocolate for 7 seconds on Speed 7.

Melt it for 1 and half minute at 50°C on Speed 2.

Add biscuits and ricotta. Blend for 15 seconds on Speed 5-6.

Wrap the mixture with plastic film and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour.
    Get small pieces from the dough, roll into a ball shape, place them on a baking paper covered tray. (In the original recipe they prepare 30 eyeballs, instead we prepared 20. It obviously depends on the size you prefer. For me, the size we prepared was just perfect for our needs)
    Put the tray with eyeballs in the freezer for 15 minutes so that they set and harden.
    Break the remaining 350g of white chocolate into pieces and place in a clean and dry TM Bowl. Grind for 10 seconds on Speed 7.

Melt it for 4-5 minutes at 50°C on Speed 2.
    Transfer half of the melted chocolate in a bowl. (Let the other half stay in TM Bowl. In case it thickens you can easily rewarm it)
    Place one ball at a time into the bowl of melted chocolate. Spoon extra coating over any uncoated areas of the  ball to make sure it is completely covered in chocolate. Then lift out the cake ball with your fork gently shaking and draining the excess chocolate. Put it on baking paper. Place immediately a Smarties and press it over gently.
    Continue to coat and decorate the remaining balls as described above.
    Cut the excess chocolate off with a sharp knife when the chocolate is hardened.

Grind dark chocolate for 7 seconds on Speed 7.
    Melt it for 1 and half minute at 50°C on Speed 2.
    Put melted dark chocolate in a piping bag or paper cone and pipe it onto the centre of the candies to for pupils.

For royal icing, put sugar in a clean and wiped TM Bowl. Polverize for 40 seconds on Speed 10.
    Add egg white, lemon juice and red coloring. Mix for 20 seconds on Speed 6. (Of course you will have more royal icing then you need only for this recipe)
    Using a piping bag or paper cone pipe it over the eyeballs forming capillaries.
    Let them rest in the fridge for 2 hours and then serve.
    You can serve them in paper if you wish. We served them in small glass bowls.

Enjoy...

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.it/2012/11/bloodshot-eyeballs.html

Bonsai

Re: Bloodshot Eyeballs (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:54:14 pm »
Wow you put so much effort in to the celebration! Congratulations on the wonderful creations 😊

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »
What lovely photos of the Hallowen party.Love the Bloodshoot Eyeballs. ;)
A friend recently old me of another Hallowen eyeball delicacy that you might like to try next year.Stuff canned Lychee fruits with olives.Set the stuff fruits in Lime jelly,the result eyeballs in slime :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »
Graham Crackers are not readily available here in Australia so it is suggested you either use a Digestive biscuit or Shredded Wheatmeal biscuits for all recipes that call for graham crackers.  What do others use in place of Graham Crackers?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »
I use  digestive biscuit or wheatmeal biscuit my friend used ginger snaps.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:10:45 am »
Farfallina they look 'uck'.

Judy I use wheatmeal.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ~[fruity]~

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 02:14:47 am »
you can also make rumballs, coat them in white choc and do the same. they look fabbo!!! :D
A day without laughter is a day wasted

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:24:32 am »
How lovely to hear from you farfallina. We missed you.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 01:56:18 pm »
I missed you too girls  :-* :-*
Thanks everyone for your comments
I still have other 2 recipes for halloween ;)

I didn't know that you didn't have graham biscuits. In fact we don't have either ;) Well... in italy I use Oro Saiwa, in Turkey another brand.
When I searched on internet I saw many english recipes had graham crackers so it was kind of ignorant of me to think like every english speaking country had the same brands  :-[

As judy said, I believe too that digestive biscuits would be perfectly fine for this recipe.
I don't know if they sell there, I saw also another brand. Leibniz-Keks
Digestives might even taste better.

Cornish Cream, I had Lychee fruits only once in my life. They are not so common. Your idea of making eyeballs out of them is brilliant! This was the 3rd Halloween party we organized and I don't like to repeat myself. So I would follow your advice next year, if I happen to find some lychee fruits obviously

White chocolate coated rumballs or truffles would be a nice idea as well