Author Topic: My Way of Cooking International Edition 2  (Read 60614 times)

Offline bartoncs

• View Profile
Re: My Way of Cooking International Edition 2
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2010, 04:02:05 am »
Hi all, very dissapointing that we can't just buy the book outright, seems very silly to me.

People on here keep mentioning that HO believes that if customers want advanced classes they should create their own clubs. Is there anything stopping a consultant from creating a cooking club and running advanced classes as sort of a separate thing to their TMX business? If I were a consultant I would look at doing this (I emailed HO about becoming a consultant but no one ever called me so I figured they aren't interested in me :( )

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2010, 04:47:26 am »
just thinking that considering I want the book and have already had 3 TM demo parties, I am going to have another one. However, I will invite people that I just know will not buy a TM like my mum, MIL and a friend. After the demo, no one will buy a machine and I will just buy the book. The consultant will be well aware from the beginning that I won't be buying another TM, passionate as I am about it, and will feel like she has wasted her time that she could have otherwise spent with her family. That hardly seems fair to her, but how else am I going to buy this book other than complying with the conditions  ???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2010, 05:47:38 am »
Hi all, very dissapointing that we can't just buy the book outright, seems very silly to me.

People on here keep mentioning that HO believes that if customers want advanced classes they should create their own clubs. Is there anything stopping a consultant from creating a cooking club and running advanced classes as sort of a separate thing to their TMX business? If I were a consultant I would look at doing this (I emailed HO about becoming a consultant but no one ever called me so I figured they aren't interested in me :( )

Well that is pretty slack of HO bartoncs! I will PM you  ;)

As for the book I reckon you will be able to buy it at some point!!But I am not saying for definite  :-)) Just my perspective
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2010, 09:55:47 am »
I rang HO this morning and asked about buying My Way of Cooking.  And they said yes!

Should I not get excited, and wait until it gets here, hoping that they don't cancel it on me???
I'm getting bread mat, budget busters and a brush too.....so they had better not cancel it!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2010, 09:58:25 am »
Amanda you can purchase it, an email was sent to consultants today to inform them that customers can purchase MWOC and a newsletter will be sent out next week to customers to let them know - so yes get excited!!!  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2010, 11:14:51 am »
Amanda get on to it asap, because I was told that each consultant was allocated only 4 for sale - so it sounds like there is a limited supply. They are $60ea
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2010, 11:45:38 am »

Hi Bartoncs,

I looked into just this too.  The thing is that unless you are running a Cooking Class that is overseen by HO using HO approved menu, format etc., then you will not be covered by the insurance that you take out through Thermomix in Australia.  A consultant would then need to get a second lot of insurance to be covered etc. etc. etc.... as no sales were likely to come out of one of these cooking classes (as the atenddees would be owners already) then a fairly large fee would need to be charged to cover time, food, venue (if applicable), materials etc. So I guess the next most favorable idea is these "cooking clubs" of friends to avoid the insurance issues and such.

Vey disappointing I agree, and being in a fairly regional area such as I am there are only so many times you can entice custoemrs to come along and see the similar format over and over again....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2010, 02:01:45 pm »
Amanda you can purchase it, an email was sent to consultants today to inform them that customers can purchase MWOC and a newsletter will be sent out next week to customers to let them know - so yes get excited!!!  :D
  I got my email informing me of this today Kathryn.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2010, 12:46:06 am »
Well I must of called HO on the right day then!   ;D

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2010, 04:41:31 pm »
I have the book - got it when I ought Thermie.....................and tbh it's just not that good! EDC is way better and when the recipies double up EDC's are generally better IMO.

Offline caquince

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »
Thanks so much for posting that!  I just got an email from the person who sold me my thermomix telling me about this book and I really wanted to see what was in it before I paid $60 for it.  Now I know exactly! Thanks so much.
-cq

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 02:56:07 pm »
My consultant just emailed me, too. Hmmm....not sure whether I should fork out or not. I'm pretty happy with the EDC and the recipes on here.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2010, 01:55:29 pm »
So just a heads up that the my way of cooking cook book is now in short supply worldwide and head office is not sure when they will be receiving more copies so if you really want one of these books then I suggest you speak to your consultant and get your hands on one before they are sold out  8)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2010, 02:24:54 pm »
I liked some of the recipe ideas but not at $60 and not with a demo (though same I would also like the Full steam ahead book and am waiting to work out a good group of maybe customers to do a varoma demo - though I don't want to spend the whole time washing up as has been said, lol) but I wouldn't just do a demo for the sake of it without friends who are actually interested, not for a cook book.
If they want to offer cookbooks as incentives then they should be offered for sale as well as incentive. That way the people that buy them should (if they are good!) recommend them and then those that are in the position to host a decent demo (I would not drag my consultant - not that I've heard from her, lol - all the way here for a no way sale demo) then they would host a demo to get the book for free or 1/2 price or whatever.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2010, 04:32:48 pm »
MWOC can now be purchased without a demo, just like the other books. It is only the FSA book that you need a demo for  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!