Author Topic: My Way of Cooking International Edition 2  (Read 60614 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: My Way of Cooking International Edition 2
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 03:28:10 am »
Yes, and nothing more disheartening when you "have to" buy up on books and then they stop moving for a while.

Thanks Nay-Nay, my GL hasn't said anything to me about the way that My Way of Cooking will be distributed. And I'm completely behind your comments below too.

The product is great, but the company needs to come up to date.  Just yesterday I held a Enjo Demo here and the rep was talking about their work load. She's a single mum with 2 kids and only took on Enjo because it's basically the demo time, place and deliver the orders without too much follow up time and commented how fantastic the comission was (I didn't ask specifics). For me, I've found the commission doesn't cover the amount of time spent on customer care etc. 

I've written, deleted, re-written, deleted and re-written this so many times it's not funny just trying to bite my tongue.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 03:41:03 am »
I've written, deleted, re-written, deleted and re-written this so many times it's not funny just trying to bite my tongue.
Me too - must be having a bad day - will regret!  :-\

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2010, 06:50:14 am »
No ladies you are simply saying what everyone thinks. It is a sad fact. Perhaps the company is doing so well they don't have time to follow up all the "little bits". A pity. Thank goodness for the forum.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2010, 07:10:42 am »
Maybe it is up to us people ,who the company has no hold over, to kick up a stink.!!!!!

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 02:04:29 pm »
Anyway - I think that I have changed to the TM HO way of thinking.  Getting old - but think that there needs to be some incentive for the dreaded demos.

As mentioned previously, its hardly an incentive when the customer has to pay $30 plus postage! Most PP companies give the host a free gift of that value as a thank you regardless of sales!

And as consultants we are told to stick to the demo dishes and only them as they are proven. I have tried to do different dishes in demos, workshops etc for customers who were on their 3rd demo and got wrapped over the knuckles.
I think part of the problem is that customers actually want advanced cooking classes and not neccessarily extra demos. I have bought this up the higher powers in the past and the response was "Advanced cooking classes are not really our issue, we need to focus on sales and new customers. If they want advanced classes then let them set up their own cooking classes/clubs". (Not exact words but something very similar)
In my opinion, if they want to get existing customer to introduce the TM to new customers then maybe we need to keep them happy with something more than the basics which are currently offered.
I would personally like to see a variation to the demo dishes for those who have seen it several times. An instant icecream for desert is just as impressive as sorbet and something like Dukkah could substitue the dip. At demos such as these you usually have access to 2 machines - yours and the customers, so no reason why 2 main meals could not be prepared or a different desert than custard. There are so many simple recipes which highlight the versatitly of the TM out there.

And I do agree that the commission does not parallel with the amount of time, travel, follow up and customer service which we put in.
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 02:06:42 pm »
oh and thanks for the tip about credit card payments! At last I may actually be able to keep my commision.
Sheree
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2010, 11:18:08 pm »
All a bit of a bu.... when you love the machine. :'( :'( :'(

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2010, 12:06:16 am »
And as consultants we are told to stick to the demo dishes and only them as they are proven. I have tried to do different dishes in demos, workshops etc for customers who were on their 3rd demo and got wrapped over the knuckles.
I think part of the problem is that customers actually want advanced cooking classes and not neccessarily extra demos. I have bought this up the higher powers in the past and the response was "Advanced cooking classes are not really our issue, we need to focus on sales and new customers. If they want advanced classes then let them set up their own cooking classes/clubs". (Not exact words but something very similar)

Even for Christmas I wasn't allowed to run the full Christmas cooking class up here - just a modified B2B with a Christmas theme, which is disappointing. Even as a consultant trying to service the area I'm not even getting exposed to these advanced classes/techniques.

Offline ozzy-dj

• from my garden
    • View Profile
    • Golly's Kitchen
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2010, 02:30:30 am »
I have been following this thread with close attention. I am a real newbie (got my TMX 6 days ago) and have signed up to be a consultant. I will be asking questions during my training but from what I have learned so far I think there may be different methods used in different areas.
One comment I noted was postage charged on the cook book. My documentation says no postage and the reason given for half price for a demo with no sale is to stop customers simply having a demo with the same guests and no intention to buy. I think I agree with the company that I would  not like to keep doing demos for the same group just so they get a fee lunch and a free cook book.
Someone mentioned that these ladies really want an advanced cooking class and I think that is the answer. Who organises it is another question. There seems to be a few of those available around Perth so maybe we do not have the same problem others do.
Is it an idea for you to hold your own advanced class? As the business is yours I see no reason for you not to be able to do that and if that is what the customers want they may also be willing to pay a bit to cover costs. I think the ones in Perth are $15.
You might even get some demo bookings from it.
Any way I will continue to follow this and I hope when my training is completed I can make a go of my business as so many others do. I really appreciate all the info I see on this site.
dj

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2010, 06:08:09 am »
The problem is you cant just hold and organise a cooking class. It has to be done by a GL and approved by head office and then recipes selected from the basic ones. As I understand it also, any money paid by customers on the night goes to head office who the reimburse the cost of ingredients. So in terms of financial gain - there is none for consultants but maybe if you are lucky a demo booking. Its A LOT of work and time for very little return. I dont know of any "advanced" cooking classes like the ones my customers are asking for. And when I have asked the response has been "no too much work and if they want them they can organise their own cooking clubs".
I'm sure it will become clearer for you once you finish your training and try to implement new ideas in your business.
All of us are in different situations with regard to how many other consultants and GL are near by, the support and contact we get and where our customers are based.
Even though some of us have highlighted a few issues which are the thoughts and words of others behind the scenes, Im sure it will be us who get reprimanded in the long run, if HO take a dislike to the voicing of opinions.
Sheree
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2010, 06:14:04 am »
riv mum dont worry about it because im sure that HO dont even hardly bother coming on this forum, because if they did then surely they would work out that there are some disgruntled customers out there and that they need to make some changes to look after their 'advocates' instead of just worrying about their 'potentials'

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2010, 08:17:45 am »
they definitely keep an eye out here...
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2010, 11:13:45 am »
Yep, they do keep an eye on here.

Regarding running your own demos without HO's approval, just be warned that apparently unless it's an official Cooking Class through HO you won't be covered by your public liability insurance.

With my experiences running classes, out of the door takings, I pay for food, other consultants food/costs etc. I can apply to HO to be re-imbursed for a max of $100 I think for the venue fee. IF there is any left over then you collect that as an income.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2010, 11:57:19 am »
You must love your TMXs, I can't see you doing it for the money.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2010, 12:16:32 pm »
No its def not the money! Just the love of the machine, and for me a dedication to keeping my customers happy, that keeps you going.
Sheree
www.thermotalk.webs.com