Author Topic: My Way of Cooking International Edition 2  (Read 60583 times)

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
Re: My Way of Cooking International Edition 2
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 12:41:41 pm »
lol ta,
Like I said, I haven't known any better or different so sorry if I'm mucking it up for you other consultants!
I just don't have the time or money to drive 200-300km (or sometimes more!) for a customer who is ONLY having a demo just to get the book and don't like making them feel obligated to have a demo just to get it. Its different if they have friends interested or want extra help or demos, but no point in wasting both of our time if its not necessary.
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 01:18:15 pm »
You are one feisty lady who makes her own rules riv_mum and why not - you know what you are doing and I'm 100% behind you. How many would drive as far as you are expected to just to sell a book.  Don't Thermomix know they are competing with the forum for recipes and if they just sold all books outright they might sell a few more. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 01:29:41 pm »
i reckon the book is rubbish anyway!!! if I had held a demo to get one of those after already holding a demo I would have been quite p****t off!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 10:40:35 pm »
Can't be that bad ??? - well how does it compare with the Full Steam Ahead?

I have seen some recipes and they don't look that weird.

Guess the question of having it as an incentive (Gosh I have changed !!!) is fair - there needs to be some incentive for people to host demos.  I know that I had troubles organising people to see it in the demos i have held.  So something to encourage you is good.

Can't believe I have said that - but it is true.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 11:02:37 pm »
I think the book is lovely one of the better ones produced. I haven't tested out many of the recipes yet but the couple I have worked well.
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 12:17:01 am »
How about some reviews Sundari, might give people an idea of what sort of recipes are in this book and could then encourage them to buy. 

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 12:40:21 am »
I personally would prefer TMX to explore some different ways at marketing their product to new people rather than expecting TMX owners to keep having demo's.  If I had another demo I would be inviting the same people and my consultant (who is also my friend) would know that she would be doing it without the hope of a sale.  I understand that having a demo and getting the new book is optional, but it would be nice if owners were looked after a bit more and were able to purchase the book without a demo.

Sadly no new book for me.  :'(

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 01:16:41 am »
I think Baf might be talking about the full steam ahead book  ??? maybe
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Tebasile

• View Profile
    • http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 03:35:38 am »
Hmmm...well, they can buy it in Canada. Any Canadian friends here willing to post a package to Australia? :-*

Sure, but it's heavy: 1280g  :)
Elisabeth -Thermomix Consultant- from Ontario, Canada
http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 03:46:06 am »
Yeah that did come across a bit angry JD but not intended. Just a bit frustrated! I'm generally a happy, casual person who is very easy to get along with!  :D
 I understand that the host incentives are there to try and reach more people by encouraging more demos and ultimately growing our personal businesses, but agree with Chelsea that it puts pressure on existing customers to keep having demos which is not fair for those who may not want to. And generally the same people come along which technically doesn't count.

It is also common place now that customers will pay using credit for books, extra bowls etc. As I cant process credit card payments I don't get any commission from these sales as it is processed by head office. This is also the same for customers who want to purchase extra items with their machine but cant/don't want to pay via cash or direct deposit to me for the extra items. Obviously the sale of a machine is better than selling books etc but it all adds up and doesn't really give much incentive to sell the books. (But in spite of the winging I love my TM so am happy to show it to people!)

On the other hand I like the look of the new book - it is nicely set out and has a variety of recipes. At a quick glance a number of the recipes sounded familiar and are possibly from other books or have been put on the thermomix blog. It would be nice if we could get some reviews of recipes happening though.
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 03:54:02 am »
I wonder if we could get a list of the recipes from the new book happening - just so we know what we are talking about.  Perhaps people could volunteer to type up one section each to ease the burden?  I would volunteer but of course I don't have the book.  ;)  ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 04:39:07 am »
There is a list on page 1 at the beginning of this post  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 04:44:38 am »
The contents are here http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2612.msg28462#msg28462

I can understand the frustration - because I ranted more than most with the Full Steam Ahead book, and know what it's like dragging friends kicking and screaming - but it is basically because I don't have a big enough contact list with friends who would part with the money for another machine.

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 04:50:29 am »
I've had 3 TM parties at my house, and I don't think that I could ask my friends to come to another. Should be able to buy the book on the open market, and maybe also have it as a Hostess Gift or on discount at a party.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:00 am »
Yeah that did come across a bit angry JD but not intended. Just a bit frustrated! I'm generally a happy, casual person who is very easy to get along with!  :D

Not at all riv_mum.  I like feisty/angry to get your point across.  The Carers' Asscn has a meeting soon to teach us to be more assertive when dealing with our service providers.  Boy am I going to be dangerous after that meeting  :-)) :-))