Author Topic: Recipe Review-Sticky Date Pudding from the EDC  (Read 44841 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Recipe Review-Sticky Date Pudding
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 04:06:18 am »
Im going to have to try this. I used to make a absolutely beautiful one pre-Thermomix and haven't tried to convert it as yet. I might give this one a go and then convert my recipe and see which one I prefer. Yum my mouth is watering. Think I will make them in the muffin tins like others have.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2011, 07:18:06 am »
Making this now for my dear Mother's Birthday. There are few sweet things she really likes, so thought I'd scrap the cake and do something she really loves. Will have plenty left to freeze for her when she feels like another  :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2011, 09:08:22 am »
I went to a cooking class where they used silicon muffin cups and steamed the puddings in the varoma,YUM,
Denise

Offline southpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 12:20:10 pm »
These are just delightful....... everyone in my house just loved them and gave them 10/10.  I did what others have suggested and left the sauce to cool a little so it would thicken, and they were divine! 
Sharon from Miners Rest, Victoria

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 01:01:00 am »
Bedlam, did they use the recipe exactly as in the book for steaming or make some changes? How long did they steam them for? I normally cook these in dariole moulds then when cool transfer to plastic moulds with lids for freezing with some sauce in each mould. Then we have individual serves ready for eating whenever we would like them. it would save some time if I was able to cook in the plastic moulds.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2011, 10:16:40 am »
I made this for the first time tonight and YUM.  I have resisted as I knew once I made it - I'll make it again and again.  Ridiculously easy, so so moist and fluffy.  I did muffins so plenty for the freezer.  The sauce was not as rich as I have had in the past but it was very very yummy.  DH said it was the best caramel I've ever made - not that I've made many!  So yes, this is definitely a keeper and repeater.  Good enough for a dinner party dessert and easy enough for a weeknight treat.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2011, 01:58:32 am »
Looks like I'm way behind the times (as usual) - was going to tell everyone about this recipe and it seems it has been talked about alot on here. I followed the EDC version and cooked in the varoma for 20mins - it made 18 and they all fitted in varoma - very happy with this EDC recipe. Even 2 days later they are moist and not stale or stodgy.  :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:06 am »
Bedlam, did they use the recipe exactly as in the book for steaming or make some changes? How long did they steam them for? I normally cook these in dariole moulds then when cool transfer to plastic moulds with lids for freezing with some sauce in each mould. Then we have individual serves ready for eating whenever we would like them. it would save some time if I was able to cook in the plastic moulds.

I was sure I answered this Wonder, it is the same just with no eggs.  Best with patty pan size- I thought I was clever and bought some silicon muffin pan size and they rose and stuck on the bottom of the varoma tray. Guess I was being greedy.
Really are delicious steamed.
Denise

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2011, 03:42:22 am »
Made this a couple of weeks ago and it is to die for. We all loved it. I put a stickydate recipe on the forum myself but I like the EDC recipe better.

Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2011, 09:22:41 am »
I make these for my mum when I am going to visit (she lives a few hours away from me). I have suggested trying other recipes rather than the EDC version to see if there is another that she prefers. She has refused all offers of other recipes as she loves this one. A few of her friends have cottoned on that when I visit that I bring one and they time their visits accordingly. They have asked my mum for the recipe but she says that it's all in the TMX.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2011, 08:17:57 am »
Has anyone else had this problem? I made the sauce for the sticky date pudding and it has 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence in the contents and the directions don't say to add this, I didn't add it. What does everyone else do?

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2011, 09:19:49 am »
I've never put vanilla essence in the sauce - haven't got the recipecwith me to check but I don't rememberit being on the list.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:32 am »
Yes it is in the list but not in the directions.  I just checked the UK Fast & Easy version of Sticky Toffee Sauce which is different to ours and they add a few drops along with some milk which we don't have in ours either.  I doubt whether it would make much difference Yvette.   Normally I would put it in if it was in the ingredient list though, just adding it at the end.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2011, 11:33:26 am »
Thanks Judy and Wonder I didn't put it in and it tastes good. It is for tomorrow so it should be fine.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2011, 09:53:06 am »
Cooked the pudding today in muffin trays made about 16 yum yum and the sauce tasted great without the vanilla essence. Big hit with everyone.