Author Topic: What do people expect/want from a consultant?  (Read 32645 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: What do people expect/want from a consultant?
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »
thanks cc you put a smile on my face at least  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline petit4s

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 08:54:54 pm »
I'd go straight to HO and complain. she's the one who should fill in a service report and send it in. You shouldn't have to do anything except wait for your tm to come back perfect. Shame on your consultant. There's a consultant in Sydney just like her who does the same thing with the "bring a non tm owner" spiel and tells people it's their problem once she's sold the tm - all's good when she wants to sell you the tm or recruit you to be a consultant, but quite another when you ring and ask for help. HO loves her though because she's a saleswoman, so I'd say they turn a blind eye to it all, but still no harm in letting HO know.

Let HO know how you feel, then get a new consultant who cares - I did, and I haven't looked back. You deserve satisfaction.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 03:37:18 am »
Oh Frozzie how awful aTMX with a cracked 'head'. I do hope you are able to get it repaired quickly and easily. Consultants like that should not be allowed to sell the machine as they are only in it for the money-no love of the TMX there.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 10:34:00 am »
So where are you at Frozzie?  Part of our delivery briefing is "make sure the client knows the service procedure" which is "I am your first point of contact"  Ring your consultant again & tell her that you understand it's her responsibility to fill out a service report & send that off then HO will respond.
Last week one of my most recent customers had an issue with a leaky lid - which we thought may have been the case at delivery.  I went in & did a process of elimination, worked out the seal was faulty, gave her mine.  I then rang HO & sent in a service report.  I got sent 2 seals within 3 days - 1 for me to replace the one I'd given out & 1 for the client "as it would be handy to have a spare".  How good is that?
So just get up her & demand some service & if that fails get in touch with one of us consultants & we'll make sure you're sorted  ;)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 11:10:24 am »
Janee Frozzie is in France.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2011, 11:33:48 am »
thanks guys and janeezee im actually in France and my consultant is actually paid by vorwerk so I dont know how the system works over here but she doesnt live off clients sales which makes it even worse actually and even if I changed consultants any time I went into any workshop etc she would be there and probably tell other consultants some story about me so Im not sure its worth it but I will be writing to head office.  I just contacted the after sales service and I am waiting for a technician to call me back to apparently ask me a bunch of questions on what I did to cause the problem and see if its covered under the garantee..dont think this is going to end well..in any case im not using thermie for the moment in fear of breaking it further then they will probably tell me the garantee is void or something...france is a whole other nightmare for all things after sales and customer service...its a constant battle and is incredibly annoying.

...just got off the phone to the after sales vorwerk people and it seems I have to send my thermie by a special courier in a special box they will send me to have them test it out and hopefully repair it..the 'technician' told me it will take about 10 days...snif 10 days plus all the transport etc without thermie...not a happy camper and definatley not happy with my consutant.  In any case Ill be back to standard old cooking for a couple of weeks..

on another note I was speaking to my mum tonight about the thermomix and we got talking about her consultant who sold her the thermomix and did the basic delivery demo and said she would contact her re the varoma demo and no news since the sale either..they are in Montville, QLD so if there are any consultants who service that area please let me know  :)

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 12:06:14 pm »
Sorry Frozzie -didn't realise you were in France - lucky you, whereabouts?  I used to speak french quite well once upon a time.......il y a longtemps......

So, sorry that you don't have access to our customer service from HO but I'm sure you'll sort it out  I wonder if you were a french native if you'd have this problem, I remember how the natives can be - hmmm (I still love them - rest assured......).

Anyway, good luck with being Thermie-less.  I had to borrow a spare when mine went away otherwise we wouldn't have eaten!!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 12:23:53 pm »
Sorry Frozzie -didn't realise you were in France - lucky you, whereabouts?  I used to speak french quite well once upon a time.......il y a longtemps......

So, sorry that you don't have access to our customer service from HO but I'm sure you'll sort it out  I wonder if you were a french native if you'd have this problem, I remember how the natives can be - hmmm (I still love them - rest assured......).

Anyway, good luck with being Thermie-less.  I had to borrow a spare when mine went away otherwise we wouldn't have eaten!!

Janezee Im in Tours..if you know france you surely know Tours, land of the chateaux...

I have realised its the same for the natives just perhaps they are better at arguing..coming from oz and having it 'easy' customer service wise made it very difficult dealing with teh system over here which is basically you buy it hten its your problem not ours...and its everywhere..most of the time DH deals with them as he is good at it and knows when to be diplomatic and when to get into them..its a bit of a game and if you dont know how to play it yoçu can end up in all  sorts of drama.

i do love france though and the french just not customer service..my DH is a french native as are the majority of my friends here.  It is just the way of life for people here and like anything if you doht know any different it can be quite normal..unfortunatly for me its not normal but I am slowly learning to accept.  DH and I had a laugh once at one of his colleagues who went ot the UK and had bought something that was faulty..being french he was all ready to go in and argue the point and spent quite some time to get what he wanted and when he went in the salesperson just said noproblem sir ill replace it for you straight away lol he was flabbergasted as that NEVER happens in france..ahhhh if you dont laugh you cry!  I also wrote to my consultant to ask what is vorwerk frances view and training on their staff..see if she answers and ill also be  contacting  HO to also ask!

bonne soirée et merci comme meme pour l'info  :)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2011, 11:32:25 am »
I am having a giggle after reading Frozzie's comments, not because it is funny being without tmx, but because I have not long finished reading a book called Almost French written by Sarah Turnbull and she states exactly Frozzie's dilemma with the French in getting anything done.  If you do not know the drill, you will suffer!!!  Hope all goes well and you get your beloved tmx back soon Frozzie.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2011, 11:41:31 am »
Je t'en prie Frozzie!

I've also read Almost French & know exactly what they are like.

One of my favourite memories was when I was chatting away to someone in French & they asked me which region I was from as they knew I wasn't a local from my accent.  When I said "a little region called England" they laughed their head off as they would love to think of England as being somewhat subordinate to France - as demonstrated by their clearly subordinate behaviour in meekly replacing something faulty rather than arguing to the death about rights & entitlements. LOL

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 11:50:58 am »
I am having a giggle after reading Frozzie's comments, not because it is funny being without tmx, but because I have not long finished reading a book called Almost French written by Sarah Turnbull and she states exactly Frozzie's dilemma with the French in getting anything done.  If you do not know the drill, you will suffer!!!  Hope all goes well and you get your beloved tmx back soon Frozzie.

yep thats it..I love that book..made me feel so sane when I was first living here..started to think it must be me and I must be losing it..I once even thought about looking her up and seeing if she still lived in France lol...thought that might be a bit stalkerish so didnt!  There are alot of aussies that come and go in France but not many of us that stay...I am forever thankful to Sarah Turnbull and her book...its a great read even if you cant relate!

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 11:58:42 am »
Now I know you're there Frozzie I will ask if you have conversions for a really good Tarte Tatin & Iles Flotant as I love both of those!!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 12:06:06 pm »
Je t'en prie Frozzie!

I've also read Almost French & know exactly what they are like.

One of my favourite memories was when I was chatting away to someone in French & they asked me which region I was from as they knew I wasn't a local from my accent.  When I said "a little region called England" they laughed their head off as they would love to think of England as being somewhat subordinate to France - as demonstrated by their clearly subordinate behaviour in meekly replacing something faulty rather than arguing to the death about rights & entitlements. LOL

yes there is some kind of weird complex or fear of being 'inferieur' by most people here lol...quel horreur!!  I guess life would be very boring if everything came too easily and as much as some things french drive me batty there is so much else I adore here!

When I was back in oz last november we were at a theme park and I had a splitting headache plus it was quite hot anyway someone over heard me and came over to me and said 'I dont normally offer people drugs but I know what its like to have a bad headache in these places' and offered me some nurofen...it was very sweet and so australian plus gave me a laugh....it took me by surprise at first as that would never happen here...that kind of friendly easy going nature has to be THE part I love most about aussies....unlike any other culture in the developed world!  DH used to freak out on trips to oz as when he was in shops people would ask a bunch of quesiotns about his day and about him and if he sat down anywhere peiople would start chatting also about all sorts of things (he kept wonderig why total strangers kept chatting to him lol)..each to their own here so it was qite foreign to him at first..now he loves it!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »
Now I know you're there Frozzie I will ask if you have conversions for a really good Tarte Tatin & Iles Flotant as I love both of those!!

not that I have made yet but there is an iles flotant in the french thx book so ill pm you..tart tatin would just be the pastry as im not sure how the apples and syrup would go but ill check it out... and janeezee even if im not here you can just pm me if there is ever anything your after  :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2011, 12:10:58 pm »
janeezee how good is your french? do you want it in english or in french??  :P