Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9016207 times)

Offline natmum

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #4605 on: March 13, 2011, 07:57:01 am »
So this morning I spent sometime back in the kitchen playing with my Thermomix.
Thanks for all the great ideas on here.
I made Isi's crossianties...yummy..but next time I need to roll them tighter.
Next was the Banana Bread so lovely and fluffy...used plain and wholemeal flour.
Very impressed Ladies.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4171.msg52297#msg52297
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forumthermomix.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D2962.0&rct=j&q=banana%20bread%20thermomix&ei=MXh8Ta7TH4aGuQPl9-TxBw&usg=AFQjCNFD7gf6esaSC9jS42sAvgPVtUT86w&sig2=3loj6F19HcQuprXbBMy2DQ&cad=rja   
Nat

Offline Sonan

• View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: March 13, 2011, 10:04:05 am »
Today was a quiet day on the TM.
Cada for breakfast (could eat this all day long) - I add cinnamon and chia seeds. (Vegetarian Cookbook)
Capsicum and SD tomato dip (EDC) for a friend who took my kids to the movies (although I kept some for myself and hubby!!)
Made pork mince and chopped up veges to use in a chow mein. Haven't done the whole chow mein in the TM yet, maybe I should hunt for a recipe.
Check out my Facebook Group, Healthy Cooking for Australian Families.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=90888828646

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: March 13, 2011, 01:41:51 pm »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4608 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:48 am »
Yesterday made mayo and before cleaning out bowl added an avocado and a little tomato a d a little chilli sauce.  also made dough  for sour dough oat bread.   cooking now.  made Chow Mein for lunch. I have finally learnt to not chop veggies too fine.  Made filling for pasties for lunch tomorrow,  and with my new learnt skill,  chopped all the veggies in the TMX.Finding TMX cooking good therapy as have friends in Tokyo and have been worried sick.  They are ok but conditions terrible. 

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: March 14, 2011, 06:11:58 am »
Just made fast chicken curry and the spice mix for KFC chicken, chicken soaking and I am finally cooking this tomorrow night

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4610 on: March 14, 2011, 06:15:00 am »
Yvette,  hope you enjoy it.

Offline Sonan

• View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: March 14, 2011, 07:02:40 am »
Thanks Judy. Chookie - thanks for the recipe and yes, getting the veges at just the right size is a skill !! I am still working on it, but better than my first attempt where it was a little slushy!! hehe
Thinking of all in Japan too.... positive thoughts xx

Today we did our normal green smoothie for afternoon tea (DD- 9 makes this!) and for dinner, buckwheat pasta with veges (variation on the pasta with tuna in EDC)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: March 14, 2011, 07:52:01 pm »
Yesterday I made bread, lasagne (partly in tmx, obviously  :D ), grated veggies to go in the side salad, and finished off with a creme brulee.  Very delicious and the first time I'd made them.  In the afternoon I made lattes - it's taken me ages to get around to learning how to froth the milk for a proper latte in the tmx. 

Today was almond cherry cake in the morning and guacamole in the evening - so a slow day today.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4613 on: March 15, 2011, 07:01:39 am »
Today I finished making the pasties that I had started yesterday.  Used the Careme Puff pastry that Ibought in Adelaide last year but had kept frozen.  Also visited an old recipe, Pear and Ginger Pudding .( posted).  Made custard to go with it. half the recipe made 5 very generous serves, that is the pud.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #4614 on: March 15, 2011, 10:54:29 am »
Lunch I made a super quick curry, sliced beef, curry paste, left over defrosted stroganoff sauce!, cooked for 10 mins, added mushrooms (another 5 minutes) and capsicum (another 5 mins), added some cooked rice for a sort of curry stew. Really really yum.

Dinner - the Persian beef and lime stew from MOTM. Once again a mix of green lentils and soup mix, a bit less meat, but so so tasty. A family favourite.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: March 15, 2011, 01:02:38 pm »
We had weber chicken marylands and root vegies tonight after surviving on leftovers for the past 3 days.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline TroubZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: March 16, 2011, 10:26:29 am »
Just polished off some  custard....MMMmm...
I must confess I am a sucker for a good custard and the TM custard is awesome.

We have a son that has a food additive / preservative sensitivity.
I was shocked to find that Australia allows colours / additivies that "most" other countried have banned.
Two of which are the yellow colours used in custard powder - thus the custard powder went in the bin and I have been without custard for about 6 months until I very recent purchase of the ThermoMix.

Smith & Wesson : The original point and click device!

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: March 16, 2011, 12:01:39 pm »
I made this for dinner tonight. Didnt marinate just threw everything in the bowl and cooked for 30min. The sauce was lovely and thick. Note to self dont open lid straight away after cooking has finished. Hot steam and hand dont mix.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: March 16, 2011, 11:47:49 pm »
I made the pizza scrolls (page 299 of this post) the way Sonan suggested - and they are fabulous!  I think you should post these as a separate recipe Sonan ....... Thanks!
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Sonan

• View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: March 19, 2011, 04:21:43 am »
Thanks KJH ! but the second time I made them i wasn't overly happy with how they turned out! I think I should have made them with the basic bread dough?
Anyways, I tried some pullapart bread today with the basic bread dough plus the cashew and capsicum dip (both EDC) and was happy with how they turned out.
The only thing I changed was left out parmesan cheese from dip (coz I didn't have any  :P) and halved the amount of oil and vinegar so the mix wasn't too wet