Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4497845 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #495 on: September 02, 2011, 04:05:33 am »
Happy birthday Amanda, we all understand your frustration. I always try and appreciate a gift but it doesn't help if it is then repeated. My husbands always laughs about the year he "tried" to buy clothes for me, I can't even buy clothes for me! Needless to say they all went back...funny he hasn't tried that again.
Denise

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 02, 2011, 05:07:37 am »
Happy Birthday Amanda.

Maddy- The Hunger Games series are great books for teenagers - DS1 loved them.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #497 on: September 02, 2011, 06:12:06 am »
I now have the complete ensemble of Coco products - soap, body creme and the shower gel which isn't actually released until Sunday.  You'll be able to smell me coming for blocks!  :D :D :D
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 02, 2011, 07:13:54 am »
hope you had a nice day anyway way (belated happy bday) even though your sinuses are blocked and hubby bought you something you hate lol.. you got what you wanted in the end though so all is well that ends well!!

i have alot of different perfumes but at the moment my fav is Beauty by calvin klein..ive even had people come up to me in the shops and ask me what it is lol!  Last time i bought some face products at the perfumery, one of the samples was a PRADA perfume ad it was qutie nice too...also have bright cristal by versace, parisienne by YSL and and and lol can you tell i like to change it up!

I find most perfumes smell different on everyone...i have girlfriends that can love one of my perfumes, try it on themselves and the reaction with their skin isnt the same !

preparing for DS party tomorrow...so lots and lots of bday stuff bought from giveaway pressies to some games, frames and glue and serviettes to make spiderman frames, face paint, cardboard and pens to make a glitzy spider web for pin spidey on his web lol and so much more..oh and received my Miette book plus two other cupcake decorating books..so much to do, cooking, decorating etc ready for big day tomorrow and need to run out to go check to see if the lists are up for the new classes at the kids schools...run run run !! lol
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #499 on: September 02, 2011, 07:27:25 am »
My all-time favorite perfume/cologne is  Ambush.  I've loved it since I was in my 20s.   I've always liked spicy, woody scents and my second choice for years was K L but it is no longer available in the form I like it (solid).  I still have some Emeraude given to me years ago and it is also one of the woodsy, oriental type scents.  
I've never really cared much for the high end perfumes and most that were given as gifts were passed on to family and friends who liked them.
The only expensive one I have now is Elixir Des Merveiles Perfume by Hermes, because it has that spicy, oriental scent I prefer.  It too was a gift from a friend who gives extravagant gifts in return for negligible favors.  Always makes me feel guilty for just giving some of my homemade goodies.  
Most of my friends have stopped giving me scents because I think they have gotten the message that I rarely wear them.  
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 02, 2011, 08:25:37 am »
After my near disaster this week cooking, I have ordered this so I can't forget what's in the oven :-))
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polder-898-90-Clock-Timer-Stopwatch/dp/B00004S4U7/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314948128&sr=8-3
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #501 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:31 am »
Happy Birthday to all.  
Maddy what a wonderful daughter.  Enjoy every minute of her.

My favorite perfume , at the moment, is almost anything from Jo Malone.  Although I did visit Penheligon while in London and bought some perfume.  Yes , I do like No 5,  and have worn it for years,  Must be the age ;D ;D ;D

Utmost luxury is soap by Jo Malone.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 02, 2011, 09:06:49 am »
Thats a great purchase, I've wanted that timer too CC but for some silly reason they won't ship to Aus  >:(
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 02, 2011, 11:38:07 am »
I have three perfumes I like at the moment - Alberta Feretti, Prada and Dolce and Gabbana 'The One'.  I used to use Chanel No. 19 because I found No. 5 too strong for me, but have moved on to my other favourites now.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 02, 2011, 12:00:13 pm »
DH has dolce et gabana pour homme ( for men)...oh my goodness i love that smell on him....there are just some perfumes that smell divine on men!  :-))
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 02, 2011, 03:07:06 pm »
I love a man to smell lovely, my DH hates perfume....shame!
Denise

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #506 on: September 02, 2011, 07:51:32 pm »
Thats a great purchase, I've wanted that timer too CC but for some silly reason they won't ship to Aus  >:(

Try this link for Amazon US

I know they were shipping these to Australia two months ago because someone on another forum bought several for gifts. 

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 03, 2011, 12:42:31 pm »
Stainless steel gelato/sorbet cup & spoons

and an Alessi Pino Funnel

.......I really should un-subscribe from the P.O.K emails  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 03, 2011, 01:26:57 pm »
Love the funnel maddy, it makes you smile just looking at it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 03, 2011, 04:16:36 pm »
Maddy were the gelato cups from pok?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net