Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4524394 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #255 on: August 05, 2011, 03:35:55 am »
ARE WE ON A SHOPPING STRIKE PEOPLE ?  :P

I've been good  8)  but I am seriously tempted by some Riess enamelware I spotted in gorgeous shop yesterday!........the question is......will Maddy be strong?

??? 
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 05, 2011, 04:03:13 am »
Finally got my camera yesterday but not from Harvey Norman.  Got fed up waiting, it's almost 3 weeks since I ordered it and was told it would only take 3-4 days.  Ended up ringing a camera store in Adelaide, they posted that arvo and we received it 2 days later.  Better service for sure.  Now to read up on it  ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #257 on: August 05, 2011, 07:09:55 am »
Thats one thing you can rely on Harvey Norman for is unreliability  :D. I know lots of people who have had issues with them taking weeks and even months. Hope you enjoy your new camera JulieO
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2011, 09:17:23 am »
I am pleased to say that I have actually bought something that I can share on this thread (and not before time!).  When I was at Cyndi O'Meara's presentation earlier this week I purchased four of her books, CD, etc.  I was also tempted by the Budget Busters booklet, but behaved myself, I figured there was more than enough reading in Cyndi's books to keep me going for a while.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2011, 03:22:55 pm »
On our way back from our week dOwn south and at a stop at Bordeaux (my fav wine country... St Emillion and Graves are my preferred wines) I got this cookbook which has a couple of recipes which caught my eye...Will post if any good  :)

Cant attach photo from iPhone... Wont let me  >:(.  Will post later... Memory permitting LOL !!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2011, 11:37:17 pm »
I've bought a few envirosax for my nephews and nieces.

At $4.95 each I couldn't resist.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2011, 12:23:42 am »
They are gorgeous Pep, a great gift.  ;D

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2011, 04:59:01 am »
I think that I have been mistaken with the comment "my recipe book collection addiction had been treated" - I have fallen off the wagon over the past week with the purchase of A Generous Helping and today's High Tea book - but oh the recipes look great!!!!  I don't feel quite as guilty at the collection of 20 Dr Suess boxed collection that found its way to my trolley (my girls have fond memories of many of those)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:14:30 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2011, 06:18:43 am »
Lovely looking book Johnro.   :)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2011, 06:24:38 am »
Might have to go and have a look at my favorite online book store and see if they have this one.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2011, 07:52:38 am »
The pics are almost as great as yours and Maddy's, Julie  :D  :D

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2011, 10:27:47 pm »
Yesterday I bought a 2nd hand kitchen for $100 to go on our deck.  I so need extra space to store platters, large salad bowls and excess tupperware.

I'll take a picture as the sun come out a bit more.  I'm very happy and DH thinks I'm crazy.  Well he already knew that.   ;D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2011, 12:00:11 am »
Yesterday DH was gorgeous enough to allow me a visit to my fav kitchen shop on our way home from a day out - bless him as he knows he has to look after the kids while we are in there lol

I managed to find one of the multi mini loaf pans that I was after (happy dance), also got an oil sprayer, a replacement for my favourite little knife that I broke and a small 1 cup pyrex jug.

Thought I did pretty well, no serious damage (especially for that shop!) but a few things I have been after  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2011, 11:54:01 am »
cookbook addiction is definately not cured...on the way home from holidays got half of these and then last night at one of our local shops the rest..they all have at least 3 or 4 recipes different that caught my eye...both had cookbooks verrrrrry reduced so went a bit nutty lol as I always do (they were all between 2.50 and 8 euros so very cheap!)  Only comment from DH...now we are going to have to put in another bookshelf to store all these lol....they are overflowing as it is BUT I have it all planned as part of our future new kitchen lol (bookshelves on one side of the buffet or back of one part of the cupboards that make a wall between the kitchen and dining room!)

also received when I got home a parcel from mum with some stuff from the kids and her Cemaster icing tips/nozzles with bag so will have to give them a good clean then can get to using them..

and received my parcel from oz iwth the pie tins, cooling rack and rectangular quiche/pie tin that I added to the order to justify the postage cost which was the same with just the pie tins or the two others added  ;D

Have been looking at Noritake crockery too but havent bought any yet...trying to find a design that I prefer! 

Also organising and buying stuff for DS spiderman birthday party at the end fo the month!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2011, 03:01:24 pm »
Frozzie,I was almost mistaken for thinking that I was reading a post form Maddy :D  :D when I first saw the pics - I can see that a cure is not likely for your cookbook buying lovely lady. The justifications for our purchases could have been written by the same person on all our posts don't you agree?  :D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:02:50 pm by johnro »