Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6075897 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24720 on: January 04, 2021, 03:47:33 am »
Thanks KAtie.
This morning I went to the podiatrist and then to my little Italian deli/greengrocer. The stone fruit is very expensive, however I still stocked up. I bought a kilo of cherries, naughty me as they aren't cheap at all. However we love them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24721 on: January 04, 2021, 05:40:33 am »
It’s impossible to be everywhere for everyone K Atie, wishing your Mum a successful chemo outcome.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24722 on: January 05, 2021, 07:29:48 pm »
Judy you are so right , once I. Are a decision to be with DM and let it go at home it’s ok . Taking DM to the beach so she can enjoy being there , hopefully it works out . I’ll see if I go home or DD and DS get a lift to beach , just want them to have a bit more time away at the moment . DD has been mowing and helping with sheep work also cooking meals for the boys . Although I’m in Melbourne I normally do heaps of jobs , feeling hesitant in many ways but took DM to get some pants as hers are all falling off her , so skinny now . Have caught up with girlfriend who called in which was super nice ,im not happy to leave DM at the moment .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24723 on: January 05, 2021, 09:44:41 pm »
K Atie, hang in there.  We can only do what we can manage when everything hits us at once. We are not super human. Let others help when they offer.  Hard as this may be.
I’ve been trying to make phone calls to make up for all the Xmas cards that I didn’t send. Nice to talk to friends.  Everyone has had a pretty tough year. 

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24724 on: January 05, 2021, 11:18:55 pm »
I have been to have my hair cut this morning.

Yesterday we picked out first tomato.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24725 on: January 06, 2021, 03:08:55 am »
I’ve been shopping, been to Chemist Warehouse to stock up on mouth medications, Bunnings for a few things I needed and some I just had to have then when I came across them. On to Costco for petrol and to stock up on sparkling water plus some things for a friend.  I came home with a boot and back seat full of things.  I had lots of heavy things at Costco including a 50 kg bag of potting mix and 4 packs of 12 x 1 litre bottles of water so thought I’d ask at the check out if someone could help me pack it into my car.  Was surprised when my packer obliged, it’s the first time I’ve ever needed help.  Customers were great in the shop, they will always give people a hand with loading heavy things. 
I’ve also planted out a mixed punnet of 5 different herbs (2 of each variety).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:41:40 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24726 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:55 am »
Judy you have had a shopping blitz. DH usually gets fuel in our cars when he goes over to his Mum's house to check things, he drives right past Costco. We probably won't buy it there when he isn't checking the house as it is slightly out of our way.

KAtie, a very hard time for you, just do what you can. I think most of us have probably been through it and have lots of empathy for you. Take care.

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24727 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:30 pm »
Thank you Chookie , Judy and Cookie . I managed to get DM to the beach but an all day effort, the Cemo treatment knocked her about to day , so just waited till it passed . Pulled out her vacuum and zapped about . Car loaded up with everything and her dog . Decided that I had to stop and get her oysters , one of a few things she can eat . Now we are here with my DB and his two dogs . DD and DS will come tomorrow morning, DH will drop them on the ferry , hopefully they keep Covid safe . A few days and home so DS can have an X-ray and start physo . Sun out tomorrow so that will be good .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24728 on: January 07, 2021, 01:36:17 am »
I have an appointment with the dentist this morning. It's just a check but I will ask him about the root canal tooth. It hasn't been giving me any trouble but I am worried it may hit with a vengeance.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24729 on: January 08, 2021, 05:23:22 am »
I have been altering curtains for a friend.  A job I really don't like.  These would have been a lot easier if the measurements I was given were correct.  :-)) :-))
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24730 on: January 08, 2021, 11:13:21 am »
Managed to get to the beach for a few hours the last two days . DM not to good today , she slept all day .. Every night I’m on dinner duty at lest DB has Appreciated the meals . DM does not join us at the dinner table , she mainly eats in the morning and snacks for the rest of the day .
DD DAs brought some clothes today testing out their new debit cards , too funny when I got to the surf shop and DS was paying for not one but two tops !! Mum I got a bargain only had to pay $10 for the second top !

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24731 on: January 08, 2021, 11:31:57 am »
Today was very, very hot. It was 42 degrees and still 41 at 4.30pm. I had my hair cut this afternoon. It even felt hot in the shopping centre.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24732 on: January 08, 2021, 07:02:17 pm »
I have been out of touch for a few days as my laptop in Guildford curled up and had a fit a day or two ago.  I am now back in the city waiting for my computer tech to get in touch with me whilst preparing to catch up on everything before we re-open on Monday. 

Our last couple of days on holidays were busy and fun.  Some friends came up from Melbourne so we took them out to Maldon for lunch then back to Castlemaine to a place at "The Mill" called ShedShaker - they are a boutique brewery and our DH and friends enjoyed sampling the beer before they headed back down to Melbourne.

The following night we were off to dinner with friends at their place.  We hadn't really had a chance to catch up with them since lock down finished, so we had a lovely night of gossip!

On our last day we went back to have a proper visit with Bess and Ral and, before we knew it, 6 hours had passed!  What a wonderful couple, tremendous food and fantastic conversation.  We had the loveliest of time with them.

Now, it is back to harsh reality and the usual daily grind.  This year I am going to try to cut back my hours a bit; the plan is to take the first Monday of each month off.  We'll see how that goes.  To be honest, I don't think it will last but it will be an interesting experiment.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24733 on: January 09, 2021, 06:36:12 am »
A lovely idea Marina. Hopefully it will work out for you.

DD and I went to the shops and had a coffee this morning. It only got to 36 today but it is as though everyone is still stunned by yesterday’s heat.

The visit with Chookie and Ral sounds wonderful. I can imagine that the time would pass very quickly.

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24734 on: January 09, 2021, 11:59:25 am »
Marina nice to feel normal and catch up with friends . Cookie must have been very hot .  Today DD went out for breakfast with a friend ( mum the taxi ) DM asked me to wash three old pink blankets that I had aired overnight ,good drying day luckily. We had some time at the beach and then decided to have fish and chips and an  Aperol for dinner.