Author Topic: Apple and coconut cookies  (Read 13143 times)

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
Apple and coconut cookies
« on: April 26, 2013, 04:01:49 am »
This recipe has been adapted from a book called Marks & Spencer Baby & Toddler Meal Planner. Even though I have put it in the baby section the biscuits are nice for the whole family.

115g unsalted butter
85g caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 eating apples cored
115g wholemeal self raising flour
3 tbsp desiccated coconut (I weighed in 60g)
115g porridge oats

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.  
2. Grate the apple on speed 4 for 10 seconds and remove from bowl.
3. Melt butter, sugar and syrup at 60 degrees 2 mins/speed 2.
4. Add oats, flour, grated apple and coconut to bowl.  Mix reverse speed 2 until combined (I mixed for 30 seconds).
5. Spoon onto a lined tray and bake in the oven for 15 mins. Mine made 24 biscuits.

They are a really nice biscuit similar in style to an Anzac biscuit.

members' comments

Amy - Fresh from the oven and smelling delicious. I used brown sugar instead of caster sugar because I didn't have any golden syrup to give that caramel-like flavour. I also used only 30g coconut. Definitely not just for kids, maybe we should put this recipe in the cakes section as well? Oh, and I got 24 biscuits from my mixture too. I love it when I get the same number that the recipe states.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:50:08 am by judydawn »

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Apple and coconut cookies
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 11:08:50 am »
These look really nice Brumington, I think I'll try them as soon as DB's birthday cake has been eaten! :)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:40:26 pm »
These do sound good.  Will make them next weekend ready for school lunchboxes next term.  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:54:06 am »
Was thinking the same thing Jo!  :D
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:59:16 am »
Fresh from the oven and smelling delicious ;D

I used brown sugar instead of caster sugar because I didn't have any golden syrup to give that caramel-like flavour. I also used only 30g coconut :)

Definitely not just for kids, maybe we should put this recipe in the cakes section as well? ;)

Oh, and I got 24 biscuits from my mixture too. I love it when I get the same number that the recipe states ;D ;D