Author Topic: Hello I Should have found this site first  (Read 12138 times)

Offline mowagee

• View Profile
Hello I Should have found this site first
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:48:54 am »
Hi everyone, I am so glad I have found this site. I bought a Thermomix from a seller in Tasmania after all my German friends raved about how good it was and the support and training. Well I wanted one as a pastry chef I had big plans. well I could have bought it international and saved money but I wanted the support and confidence of purchasing from my local rep. She came explained the machine did not have time for a demo as was behind time. I said I wanted it and paid $2200 with extra bowl and icecream maker, she said when it came she would give me a full demo come to my bakery and show me the cool stuff it can do. My apprentice said she dropped it of showed her how to turn it on showed her the cook book. I have never seen the lady again tried to get her back for training. So angry after 8 months I gave the machine to the apprentice and am going to purchase the New Wave Thermo Chef $800 from a Kitchen supply store with training organised by them with an in house chef. I am sad I did not find this forum sooner as the community seems supportive and would have advised me as to the right way to go.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re: Hello I Should have found this site first
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 03:54:47 am »
As sad as it is that you had no support don't give up - there are plenty of YouTube videos that can help you learn the basics as well as blogs and this forum.

Did you buy from an actual Thermomix consultant? If so I would be complaining directly to the Australian head office and seeing if they can reassign you to another consultant.

If you bought online from a seller other then official Thermomix then you are pretty much on your own. I did this but was fully aware that I would be on my own and would no doubt make a few mistakes. But as I said persevere - it is a good machine that can help with many tasks in the kitchen.
Kylie

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 03:56:10 am »
This is a sad story !! I'm sure there are other consultants who would gladly take you under their wing and give you all the support and help you need!!! Don't give up just yet.. I'm sure once you get the hang of everything the Tmx can do you'll be really pleased!! Anything we can help with just pop the question on here and well be glad to help where we can!!

I'd be calling HO about your disappointment!!!!

Offline mowagee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 03:57:05 am »
Yes she said that she was the Southern Tasmanian rep but I don't know how you check for this.
No will not give up.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 04:05:01 am »
Hi and welcome, do you remember her name. ring HO in Perth, and ask for a demo, and help. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mowagee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:19:15 am »
Thank you what is HO? Well I worked out myself a recipe for Creme patisse, Lemon Curd, Creme Anglaise, even Pate Sucre, Pate Brise, Almond paste, Poppy seed paste, Peanut butter tart filling. Chocolate tart filling, Fragipani cream also lots of old Bavarian, Austrian and French recipes. It has been exhausting but rewarding it was just no help and quite time consumming. I regret giving it away last September in a fit of dispair about support. I will now buy the New Wave Thermo Chef just because it is cheaper and the shop support. I will use all the recipes I have worked out for the Thermomix in this. Also now I have found this site (did not have internet before) I shall have many more recipes to try.

Offline mowagee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 04:45:54 am »
Sorry I have read the rules and am in breach as i have said competitors name sorry do not block me for a mistake. I have sent Thermomix Australia an email and will wait on their reply Monday I assume. I am happy to find this site and appreciate the recipes and advice and support. I thought this was the Thermomix site sorry. That is why I was asking for help now I realise it is a fan site so I will not complain. I have 100s of recipes I worked out and will enjoy sharing

Offline mowagee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 05:11:46 am »
Ok checking ebay I can get Vorwerk Thermomix Tm3300 for $350 plus $30 delivary from Germany is this a good model mine was a TM31. Also TM31 on Ebay $1300 delivered is this a good price mine was $2200 so it seems good to me is there any problem with this.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 05:14:16 am »
Mowagee, welcome to the forum.  Not only do we welcome new members here, we also give as much advice as we can when people get into some strife with a recipe or their machine.  I do hope the person who sold you the Thermomix was a genuine consultant and can be tracked down.  The paperwork you signed when you bought the machine should show the consultant's name. Not sure what the ice-cream maker is in relation to the Thermomix??  Not sure either why you need another machine if you still have the Thermomix on the premises or did your apprentice take the machine home with her? Have you checked out any of the recipes on the forum?

Glad to hear you have contacted Thermomix Head Office in Perth and I do hope you receive a prompt reply.  In the meantime I am impressed with what you did make in the Thermomix, was that before you gave it away?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 05:20:03 am »
If you buy from any other source other than Thermomix, you won't receive any warranty . . .it's a risk you take as some machines I understand purchased on EBAY have arrived damaged . . .  I'm not sure of the current price of the TMX31 - I think it's just under $2000.  There are offers throughout the year where you can gain an extra bowl at a much lower price.

If you can manage it, and can find a good consultant, I think I'd be buying from Thermomix itself . . . .this is just my opinion -  ;D

Can only echo judydawn's comment about what you have already achieved!!  That's monumental!! :D

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 07:43:59 am »
Hi mowagee and welcome to the Forum.  So sorry to hear that you had such a bad start.  I can only echo all the other comments and hope that you will stick with us.  This is definately my "go to" place for recipes and help. 
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 07:49:18 am »
Dear mowagee,
Welcome to the forum and to the world of Thermomix.  I am a Thermomix consultant based in Hobart and if you like I can get you a German Thermomix book or at least show you the range of Thermomix recipe books in English, which would hopefully help you in your shop.  If you PM me your name and contact details I'll get the right person to contact and support you asap.
I am glad you found the community here to share your triumphs and frustrations.  Congratulations on all the recipes you have developed already.
cecilia
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 07:52:37 am »
Ok checking ebay I can get Vorwerk Thermomix Tm3300 for $350 plus $30 delivary from Germany is this a good model mine was a TM31. Also TM31 on Ebay $1300 delivered is this a good price mine was $2200 so it seems good to me is there any problem with this.

Mowagee, this would be a Thermomix toy, not a real Thermomix.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline mowagee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 09:12:09 am »
Thank you for your replies
 It came with a carry bag extra bowl a bowl to go in the freezer for icecream and was a TM31 I shall wait to talk to Thermomix Australia and work this out.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 09:21:14 am »
Mowagee, I am so sorry that you have had such a frustrating time.  Hopefully now that you have joined us and also contacted headquarters in Perth you will get the support and training that you deserve when buying such an expensive machine.  You can also visit the German site - just google thermomix Germany as my German girlfriend got a few recipes off this site.  Goodluck, you seem to be doing great working out so much on your own, well done!!