Author Topic: What to do with 6 egg yolks.  (Read 13860 times)

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
Re: What to do with 6 egg yolks.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 07:46:46 am »
Thanks Fundj and JD.  I will definitely be trying the zabaglione, and the Bailey's one sounds just right as I have a bottle in the fridge just sitting there not being used (what was I thinking - clearly I wasn't).

No bottle of Bailey's justs sits in my fridge doing nothing. Never lasts long enough to meet the fridge.  ;D ;D

Offline nola276

• Fishing, Caravanning, Painting and now Cooking.
    • View Profile
    • Watercolour Walkabout
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 07:56:29 am »
It really is nectar of the Gods isn't it.  I just forgot it was there (must have had too much wine ;D ;D)
Cheers, Nola.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why it's called the present.
My Blog: http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 08:05:21 am »
That's what we call it as well. You're excused then.....only if it's because you've had too much wine though.  ;D ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 09:43:18 am »
mine does not even make it to the fridge  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 09:06:13 pm »
I have been looking for  my  baked  zabaglione recipe ,i can’t find it  anywhere :(.
I found this on the net which is just about the same. http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cuisine/baking/recipe/baked-mulberry-zabaglione-20111019-1m072.html
•   3 egg yolks
•   80g of caster sugar
•   1 nip of grappa (or brandy) (i use marsala )
•   100ml of white wine
•   150ml of whipped cream
•   2 punnets of mulberries ( i use strawberry cut in Ό )
•   Not 100% sure but i think i did use gelatin
Method
First, make the zabaglione. In a bowl, whisk 3 egg yolks with 80g of caster sugar until the mixture is pale and thick. Add a nip of grappa (or brandy) and 100ml of white wine and mix well. Place the bowl over a pot filled to a third with simmering water over a medium heat. The bowl should sit snugly on the pot but the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. Whisk the zabaglione until it doubles in volume. Cool the zabaglione, then add 150ml of whipped cream. Remove the stems of 2 punnets of mulberries and scatter them across 4 shallow dishes. Distribute the zabaglione on top of the mulberries and place under the grill in the oven until the surface is golden.
Serve straight away.
ciao
uni
i don't need a recipe i'm italian