Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8926644 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #35130 on: November 24, 2020, 08:44:59 am »
Not sure Marina, rice pudding is on the list but is not allowed in soups.  I think it would be easier to find a small container of rice pudding than cook a risotto and have most of it firm up so quickly.  I’m only eating a very small amount, less than a toddler would.  A friend buys one particular tub of rice pudding that she loves so I will see if we can find it on this getaway, it would be a nice change from custard.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #35131 on: November 25, 2020, 12:44:20 am »
Thanks Chookie & Julie - unfortunately the zucchini slice was too difficult for me to eat,

What a shame Judy, I bet it tastes good too.  I know it might sound weird, but could you put some of the slice in the TM and blitz it until it's practically smooth?  Might not look great but all the flavour would still be there and it might just enable you to eat it.

I wonder if a sago/tapioca pudding would be easier to eat.  I think it would be softer than rice, or even a pudding made with semolina?

Your weekend away sounds great, I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely with your friends and do you the world of good.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #35132 on: November 25, 2020, 01:08:57 am »
Making 2 loaves. Both with malted grain and seeds.  One with fruit , one without.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35133 on: November 25, 2020, 03:19:26 am »
I picked up some Diastatic Malt powder at the bread shop. I guess it is like malted grain. The suggest a teaspoon for sourdough loaves.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35134 on: November 25, 2020, 10:11:43 am »

What a shame Judy, I bet it tastes good too.  I know it might sound weird, but could you put some of the slice in the TM and blitz it until it's practically smooth?  Might not look great but all the flavour would still be there and it might just enable you to eat it.

I wonder if a sago/tapioca pudding would be easier to eat.  I think it would be softer than rice, or even a pudding made with semolina?

Great ideas, thanks Julie. I would heat the slice up then blitz it and could add some more mixed Sustagen if it needs to be thinner.  My friend is here and she already has a plan to take the ingredients for a sago pudding with us on Saturday after I told her of your suggestion.  Thanks Julie.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #35135 on: November 25, 2020, 08:51:41 pm »
Cookie, I have used the liquid form of that malt in my bread. It gives a lovely flavour.
Judy/ Julie, great idea.
The fruit loaf I made yesterday,  the Chooks loved.  It was an absolute disaster. The plain loaf was fine. The electrician is coming today.  Making pizzas for lunch.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you cooking today?
« Reply #35136 on: November 26, 2020, 03:13:34 am »
I’m really sorry but I laughed at your wording of the chooks loving your fruit loaf Chookie. Would it have made a bread and butter pudding?
I’m trying Sous vide strawberries in my TM 5 this morning. I bought a blade cover and wasn’t impressed with it, so I’m hoping these will be nice.
https://thermomix.com.au/blogs/recipes/sous-vide-strawberries
I hope to try some small Potato Foccacia later today.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:41:54 am by cookie1 »

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #35137 on: November 26, 2020, 04:06:10 am »
I made 5 jars of Apricot Jam today.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35138 on: November 26, 2020, 06:56:18 am »
LOL I’m glad someone liked your fruit cake Chookie. Very expensive treat for the chooks.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #35139 on: November 26, 2020, 08:12:52 pm »

Great ideas, thanks Julie. I would heat the slice up then blitz it and could add some more mixed Sustagen if it needs to be thinner.  My friend is here and she already has a plan to take the ingredients for a sago pudding with us on Saturday after I told her of your suggestion.  Thanks Julie.

That's good to hear Judy, i hope it works out.  Enjoy your weekend.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #35140 on: November 26, 2020, 08:55:17 pm »
Made 14 small Brioche rolls yesterday. One filled with salad is lovely for lunch. They freeze very well. Also nice toasted.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35141 on: November 27, 2020, 05:36:17 am »
The mini focaccia I made were just ok. I like the idea, but next time I will use the No Fuss recipe and do them.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #35142 on: November 27, 2020, 10:13:43 am »
I made some of Chookie's Brioche buns today.  The dough didn't look right, almost like a cake mixture but after adding some extra flour I went ahead and just hoped for the best.  To my surprise they turned out quite nice.  We had one each for dinner tonight as a salad roll. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #35143 on: November 27, 2020, 09:22:25 pm »
Made some fruit buns using the Brioche recipe.  Had some trouble kneading  the large amount of fruit and walnuts in. Tasted fab but uneven distribution of fruit. I add the fruit at he end by hand as I don’t want it smashed up. I added 50 grams of each, sultanas, dried cherries, cranberries and walnuts.  Replaced the sugar with honey.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #35144 on: November 27, 2020, 09:25:37 pm »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk