Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124171 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24345 on: September 01, 2020, 11:08:41 pm »
I had a silver lining moment in the middle of the night last night - I had to get up to go to the loo and noticed the bathroom was very brightly lit (maybe DH hadn't turned the lights off?) but I looked up and there was a full moon shining brightly down through the skylight flooding the area with its glow.  It was magical.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24346 on: September 02, 2020, 10:34:49 am »
Almost Snap Marina. I woke up too for the same reason. It seemed very light in our bathroom (our bathroom is open to the bedroom). When I went back to bed I ;checked the time 3.31am. I hadn't realised it was a full moon, I usually keep an eye on the moon phases.

I did the grocery shopping this morning and went to the Italian grocer this afternoon.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24347 on: September 02, 2020, 10:52:05 am »
This week I’ve had my mask made for radiation to commence on Monday, that was interesting. Yesterday was my last rehab day at the hospital until after radiation finishes, I was there 2.5 hours as I had to see the speech therapist after exercise then a doctor.  I was dropped off by a friend but it was a lovely day to walk back to the railway station for the journey home.   Today I’ve driven for the first time in 5 weeks, I wanted to have my hair cut.  Visit from SIL and her friend this morning which was nice.  The days are flying by.
Good result for DD cookie, it would be an anxious wait for results.
You certainly stocked up with garden items at Bunnings Chookie, it’s nice to get out occasionally. I took my friend to lunch after she’d taken me to yet another appointment on Monday, we both really enjoyed that.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24348 on: September 03, 2020, 06:55:03 am »
RAL had to have a fasting blood test.  Annual event. 
A lady who attended a SD class 2 years ago, asked if she could have some more starter.  I said I would put it in our letter box.  When I checked the box this morning, I found 2 very large jars of Quince pulp. Nice gesture.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24349 on: September 03, 2020, 08:27:43 am »
Judy, how long does each radiation session last, and how many of them to you have to have?  I believe the radiation is so finely calibrated these days that the side effects are much easier to handle.  I will be thinking of you.

It sounds like Ral's recent blood platelet test results have been very good so I hope this translates into a positive blood test result.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24350 on: September 03, 2020, 09:48:44 am »
Marina, I start on Monday, 5 days a week for 32 sessions.  From what I’ve been told things will turn sour after week 3 and if I can’t eat I will be put into hospital for 2 weeks with a feeding tube. I’ve just read a booklet today given to me by the radiology people, it contains stories of many people who’ve had ENT cancer. They all had problems with radiation so I don’t expect I will be affected any differently to most people.  I’m sure it has improved immensely over the years but I’m not expecting it to be a walk in the park.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24351 on: September 03, 2020, 12:27:21 pm »
Judy it may be rough as the area being irradiated is the parts we eat with. Isn’t is amazing when they do the mask. So much easier to protect all the bits not to be treated. Take care and we will all be thinking of you.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24352 on: September 03, 2020, 12:39:13 pm »
Thanks cookie, it’s a very interesting journey cookie, I love my mask and I’m going to get GD to decorate it once I’ve finished with it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24353 on: September 03, 2020, 11:29:44 pm »
Judy, it is good to know how others have coped. The progress made with radiation is amazing. They will monitor you very carefully so you will be ok. You may not have the  same reactions as others have experienced. Keep us posted when you feel like it.
Today will be cold and wet.  Looks like the Olaf panels have edged our power bill by a 1/3.  This is pretty amazing in our climate.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24354 on: September 03, 2020, 11:51:32 pm »
I laughed when you said you were going to decorate your mask, Judy.  My young cousin had testicular cancer a few years ago and he used the [I can't remember exactly what they were called, they were not syringes but I will call them that for simplicity] syringes to make an 'artwork' to hang on his wall.  He is fine now, to the best of my knowledge, but I don't know whatever happened to his 'artwork'.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24355 on: September 04, 2020, 07:49:49 am »
I washed the bed  linen and did the bit of ironing. As I was busy I decided to vacuum and wash the floor, so that it can get dirty over the weekend.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24356 on: September 04, 2020, 08:04:04 am »
Washing the floor seems like a good and sensible thing to do today, Cookie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24357 on: September 04, 2020, 09:38:15 am »
That would have been an interesting piece of artwork Marina, mine is head and shoulders so It should be easy to make something nice with it. 
Great result from your panels already Chookie. Thanks for your reassuring words, I will certainly be posting if I feel OK.
Thanks you cookie also for your good wishes and continued support.
It was a lovely day here today so I visited a friend then did some food shopping.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24358 on: September 04, 2020, 12:46:40 pm »
Judy I took DM everyday to have radiation treatment , it’s so quick and the machines they have are amazing .
It’s been so windy and cold for days so I’ve been reading a bit which is a nice change .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24359 on: September 04, 2020, 03:07:10 pm »
Yes it will be a lot of effort to get into the city for such short treatment times K Atie, your Mum was lucky to have you available.  My friend who has stayed so many times already is going to do Mon, Tues & Wed.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:27:35 am by judydawn »