Author Topic: A new Thermomix in Brisbane!  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Loren

• View Profile
    • The Netconn Group
A new Thermomix in Brisbane!
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:07:44 am »
Hey all, just got it yesterday.  My wife and I are pretty excited, as I love cooking, and withour first child almost 6 months, my wife is keen on using it for baby food.

I must say though, used it for Porridge out of the Recipe book it came with, and it was the worst ever porridge I must say.  So runny, some dry clumps through it...

Did it twice, same result.  Anyway, risotto was perfect though.  So, hit and miss at this stage in the first 2 days, but still love it.
34 years old Dad to 6 month old daughter.  New to this Thermomix thing!  Lives in Brisbane, owns The Netconn Group of companies.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: A new Thermomix in Brisbane!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:21:03 am »
Hi and Welcome HaloBoy, Glad you could join us here on the forum. There are a few people who have had trouble with the porridge. In the book it says to cook on speed soft or speed 1 (cant remember). But really it needs to be on a higher speed as it tends to stick to the bottom. When this happens it doesn't reach the correct temperature and therefore is not cooked when the time is up and will still be runny and not thickened.
Hope this helps.
I'm sure you will have a few trial and errors but have lots of fun cause I know we all do.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:16:44 am »
Hi Loren, welcome to the forum.  Nice to have another male join us.  Porridge, we all seem to have problems with that but here is a thread where some members tell us how they do it.  Hope you have more luck once you have read this thread.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Loren

• View Profile
    • The Netconn Group
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 09:34:23 am »
Thanks for the help so far.  Really hope to get into using the Thermomix.  Will try some different porridge out Thursday (I am on a 5am flight tomorrow, so no porridge then  :)

Thanks again!!
34 years old Dad to 6 month old daughter.  New to this Thermomix thing!  Lives in Brisbane, owns The Netconn Group of companies.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:54:16 am »
Hi Loren and welcome to this forum and (a world for which you will be able to provide excellent advice very quickly!!!!!), that of the thermomix!!  Looking forward to hearing of your journey!!  :)  :)  :)

:D  :D  :D Just In case CP forgets to mention this to a new Qlder - be sure to visit this thread to record your presence  :D  :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:00:26 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Loren

• View Profile
    • The Netconn Group
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:09:32 am »
Just added myself to QLD!

Offline Brooke-MyLittleThermomix

• View Profile
    • My Little Thermomix
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 09:00:22 pm »
Hi Loren,

Welcome!  Porridge is big in our house in winter - my 7 year old cooks it every morning in the TMX for himself & his brother.  It took a bit of tweaking, but we finally got the right consistency and amount for their liking.  Hope you're having fun with your TMX.

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:42:57 am »
Welcome to the forum Loren!  We all have our bad days when cooking but I'm sure you'll get used to tweaking recipes when cooking with your TMX.  :)
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 01:23:31 am »

:D  :D  :D Just In case CP forgets to mention this to a new Qlder - be sure to visit this thread to record your presence  :D  :D

you're onto me johnro!  ;)

welcome loren, great timing to get your TM - your baby is very lucky to have such a wonderful start in life.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 07:09:07 am »
Hi and welcome Loren. CP loves people to say where they are from so that WA can always be ahead. ;D Yeah ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum Loren. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.