Author Topic: Where is JudyDawn?  (Read 45898 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Where is JudyDawn?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 04:49:17 am »
You never quite rest as much as you should when you get home from hospital.  She's in the best place.  Thanks for the updates.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 06:37:46 am »
Thanks for the updates.  I'll give her a call next week if she is home and let you know how she is.
We're all thinking of you Judy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 10:51:35 am »
Thanks for keeping us informed Trudy
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 04:38:35 pm »
Thinking of you JD! Get lots of rest! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Amanda

Spain

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 07:33:40 pm »
Wishing you a quick recovery Judy. All the best
Regards
Barbara
Barbara

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 11:02:19 pm »
Judy just do as your told and stay in the hospital as long as you can. Have someone bring your Bimby in so you can get some good food!

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 03:14:48 am »
ROFL  ;D ;D ;D

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 08:04:24 am »
Gretchen, You hit the nail on the head about food.  Judy told me the food she has been getting is just terriable.  Her daughter brought her in some chicken soup a couple of days ago and she just loved it.

Trudy

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 09:26:41 am »
When my daughter was in hospital recently having part of her bowel removed due to Crohns disease I  brought her the diet of clear fluids followed by full fluids all done in the TMX in a flask. She was ever so grateful because it had some flavour and some nutrition including protein which the hospital diet had very little.

I hope Judy has someone who will look after her nutrition as it i so important after this sort of surgery. Any surgery really. Sometimes you have to confront the system head on, says a nurse of many years experience. There is nothing wrong with taking over and doing what YOU know is right. The nurses on the ward have enough to  deal with without worrying about what the idiot surgeons  think about diet. There is a prescribed program of dealing with diet in bowel surgery. What goes into this diet is a matter of cost to the hospital. Shame on them I say.  You can puree just about anything cooked or raw that is suitable and tastes good.

The  stock concentrate is a good thing as you can bring small amounts into the hospital and just pop it into the tepid water they bring with the crap teabag.

Oh dear you got me started.

Gretchen

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 10:14:42 am »
Yes but a soapbox that is sometimes needed.....just make sure you leave room for Cookie1 to get up there with you Gretchen  ;)

From memory I think JD's daughter also has a TMX so hopefully she will be looking after her diet for her
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 01:22:40 am »
Hey, what is this with me and my soapbox (oh dear, someone has nicked it).  You are so right Gretchen.  I'm not a nurse but DD is a pharmacist i n a hospital and the nurses are running round trying to do so much. Kathryn, i'm sure you're right about Judy's daughter and the TMX as Judy uses it when she is minding the grandchildren.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 09:26:16 am »
Sending speedy healing vibes to JD!!  :-*
Sometimes you have to confront the system head on, says a nurse of many years experience. There is nothing wrong with taking over and doing what YOU know is right. The nurses on the ward have enough to  deal with without worrying about what the idiot surgeons  think about diet.

As a mum of a teenager who is just 5 years in remission from cancer (8 years after his diagnosis), I had to learn this the hard way... but I make sure I pass this info on at every opportunity Gretchen.  ;)

The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 10:28:42 am »
You bet ceejay. I am a cancer survivor 11 years on. Best wishes to you and your son. We need Bravery, Bravado and Balls  to beat cancer.

We also need common sense to deal with any disease. The principals are all there and everyone can practice basic nursing. It is the system that needs changing. It is not always about the money but it is about listening.

I think cookie1 needs a bigger soapbox for all of us .

Gretchen

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 12:27:49 pm »
Bravo to you Gretchen and to your son ceejay!

My mum battled breast cancer at 65 and lived to 81. She had also previously survived Hodgkins disease (generally terminal) which she contracted when I was 2.
So, it can be done!!

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2009, 01:46:39 am »
Just spoke to Judy who has just arrived home from hospital.  It's going to be a scorcher( high 30C's) week here in Adelaide so I'm sure all she will want to do is just sit around which is what she needs.  Great that she's home and I'm sure we will hear from her very soon!!~!