Author Topic: Ezekial or Bible Bread  (Read 55761 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Ezekial or Bible Bread
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2011, 05:29:45 am »
Sorry, I have stuck with the white flour.  I think a few people have tried 100% wholemeal flour with other recipes and it has made them much heavier.

I'd be very interested to hear how 50/50 or 70/30 goes.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 06:57:27 am »
I haven't made this bread but in my bread I use a combo of white and wholemeal no more than 70/30 but generally 50/50
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Brooke-MyLittleThermomix

• View Profile
    • My Little Thermomix
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 08:24:45 am »
I'm a big fan of Cyndi's Bible Bread and we had it as our daily bread all the time before I bought the TMX.  I haven't been able to get it quite right since though (I'm about to start demonstrating so we've been living off the normal bread used in the demos so that I can keep practicing it!).  I've only been kneading it for about 2 minutes though - might give it a go using a longer kneading time and see if that's the trick. 

Offline patsycate

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2011, 07:56:14 am »
I knead for about 6 minutes.  I've also been increasing the yeast to about 1.5-2 teaspoons instead of the 1 in the recipe... but that could be just because I'm too impatient for the bread to rise in winter!

I am using about 140g super mix, and then increase the weight of flour to compensate.

I use about 140g wholemeal flour and the rest white.

It's still the BEST toast bread; can't beat that satisfying crunch and it fills you up until lunchtime  :)
Patsy in Brisbane

Offline jess1414

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 04:31:32 am »
I have tried to make this bread twice (second time using instructions in this forum) and I can't get it to work, it gets a nice crunch on the top but is raw inside. The dough is even quite raw very close to the crust. I am not sure what I am doing wrong! Any advice? I noticed some people on here were cooking it at higher temp and others were doing it lower, so I might try it again at a lower heat but judging by how raw my dough remained I'm not sure how much that will help.

I have never had problems making bread before!! I'm so jealous of the lovely photo of this bread that was posted previously!!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2011, 07:08:21 am »
Hi Jess, welcome to the forum.  Hopefully those who make this recipe will be able to give you the advice you need to make a success of it.  In the meantime, why not pop over and formally introduce yourself here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2011, 07:34:27 am »
I haven't made this for some time, but had no problems with it Jess1414.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline patsycate

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2011, 08:05:58 am »
I bake anywhere between 200-220c and leave it in the oven until I start smelling toast in the house and remember to take it out  ;)
I haven't timed it but I reckon it would be 30mins plus, perhaps 40mins even... just leave it in until you start smelling toast smell!

(Uh-oh, I reckon more experienced bread-makers are going to have a field day with that!  ;D )

I just find it's only then is it ready to come out of the oven... but it's not burnt on top at all.  I make sure I put the loaves right at the bottom of the oven, furthest away from the element on the top.

Hope that might help?
Patsy in Brisbane

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:17 am »
Hi Jess. I make this bread a lot (cos I love it  ;D) and I haven't had a problem. What do you cook the bread in and at what temperature? Is your oven fan forced? I just follow the recipe, do one slow rise and then cook the bread at 220 degreesC for 20-25 minutes. (I watch the top crust for the last 5 minutes so it doesn't burn) I use a heavy, specialty loaf pan and my oven is fan forced. Hope this helps.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 10:28:34 am »
Made this today without soy flour and besan flour.  Within an hour, nearly half gone  ;D
Next time will try to make it as bread roll.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2012, 11:45:37 am »
Another recipe I have finally got around too. Slowly, slowly I'm getting through them although I have been telling myself to cut down on carbs  :-))

I just made the single loaf mixture. I left out the maize and soy flour as I didn't have them. I also used 250ml water and 2 teaspoons yeast as suggested by carolinew and it worked out great. Not runny at all like others have said - it kept together and was only slightly sticky.

It is a yummy bread that is filling - the kind I like!

So here is the result (not all of it had big holes like this):

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2012, 01:01:17 pm »
It looks lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimby83

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2012, 12:02:33 pm »
Just made this amazing bread!!!! Beautiful crust and so soft and fluffy inside :) this is the first bread I have made that isn't 'heavy' - and a huge success, half gone already! My faith in baking my own bread has now been restored and who knows.... May become a master of it yet! :) thanks so much for the recipe !

Offline morganj16

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2013, 07:51:50 am »
Can anyone tell me how long I should let this rise for?    And how long it goes in the oven for?    Look forward to giving it a go.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2013, 08:44:30 am »
Hi mj16 - I find it helpful at times like this to go back and take the time to read the entire thread.  It's amazing how much information you pick up as to what works for different people according to how they like the outcome.  I'm not a "precise" person at all and just remember the comments - "let it rise to the top of the tin"  . . . and bake until "the house smells of toast" - works for me!!! ;D ;D (but you'll find more specific suggestions in some of the posts.)

Whatever you do, though, don't give up!  You may have to try it several times before you hit the jackpot!!  But it will be so worth it!  If you can, try to keep notes of how you're doing things so that when you do reach that bread nirvana you'll be able to remember and repeat how you got there!  Good luck - and it'll be good to hear how you're doing!! :D