Author Topic: Ezekial or Bible Bread  (Read 55757 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Ezekial or Bible Bread
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 09:04:48 am »
patsycate,  this looks good.   If you are satisfied, keep doing it this way.  Isi also has a one rise bread,  you might like to try this.  If you wish to try a double rise with this recipe,  just leave it in the TMX bowl until it doubles.   Then turn it out onto a well floured sheet/board and knead it by scraping the dough into the center with a plastic dough scraper.  It will firm up a bit.  Then proceed as before.

Offline Millipede

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 01:50:36 pm »
Made this today. It has a nice sweet nutty flavour.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 02:35:14 am »
Saw a similar loaf for sale at a local Bakery,  $12.  How about that??????

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 02:46:09 am »
Saw a similar loaf for sale at a local Bakery,  $12.  How about that??????
WHAT?????  That's amazing.  I must have saved myself a fortune over the last year since making it myself.
On Saturday I bought a loaf of bread for the first time in about 10 months.  Edible, but we've been spoilt!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline patsycate

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2010, 01:18:30 am »
We've been eating this bread all the time as 'our daily bread' and we're really enjoying it.  Makes you realise how supermarket bread is really... nothing!  Both my hubby and I have remarked that after you have it for breakfast, it's 1pm before you think about having something to eat, no more morning tea munchies, as it just seems to tide you over so well.

achookwoman, thank you for your advice, I've tried both ways now, ie one rise and two, and I can't really notice any difference when it's been risen twice.  So... knead in the machine, pour straight into the tin, and when it rises to the top of the tin pop it in the oven.
Patsy in Brisbane

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2010, 01:56:36 am »
Patsycate,  thanks for that experimenting.   his is just the sort of info. we all need.

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 04:06:35 am »
Just another reason why I LOVE this forum  ;D...I made this one today for the first time and it makes a very wet dough - straight to the forum to check if it is supposed to be wet  ???, check - read through the comments and will cheat and only let it rise once.  Thanks ladies for doing all the homework  ;D
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline patsycate

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2011, 04:16:23 am »
I've enjoyed the same help here too  :)

Still making this bread all the time.  I have two bread tins now so, while the machine is tacky with the sticky dough, I might as well make a couple of loaves.  Then, to clean out the machine, I make a batch of pizza dough or something that drops out cleanly and it takes the residue of the Bible Bread with it.

Have also found that if you want the loaf a bit firmer, reduce the amount of super-mix and replace with plain flour.  I usually run the super mix at about 150g now instead of 180g and it just makes the consistency of the loaf a bit firmer and easier to slice.
Patsy in Brisbane

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2011, 04:20:52 am »

Still making this bread all the time.  I have two bread tins now so, while the machine is tacky with the sticky dough, I might as well make a couple of loaves.  Then, to clean out the machine, I make a batch of pizza dough or something that drops out cleanly and it takes the residue of the Bible Bread with it.

Have also found that if you want the loaf a bit firmer, reduce the amount of super-mix and replace with plain flour.  I usually run the super mix at about 150g now instead of 180g and it just makes the consistency of the loaf a bit firmer and easier to slice.

Thanks for the tips - will definatly make pizza dough afterwards next time - what a pain to clean out of the bowl
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline Jannikins

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 06:01:23 am »
I am a bread maker from forever, I usually just use my own home stone ground wheat, I used to do it all by hand then I purchased a breadmaker, and friends said you can't make your own home wheat recipe in a bread maker successfully, I couldn't see why not so experimenting started.
You know the only real change I had to make to my recipe was to increase the water when using a breadmaker.
So I am thinking that this probably needs to be a bit wetter because of the heavy flours involved.

I want to have a go at this recipe, as my tastes have changed and I enjoy seed breads where I used not to.

Question:  do you mill the mix  to break down any of the seeds or just use as is.
Jan-South West Aussie

Offline patsycate

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 06:04:40 am »
I don't mill the seeds, just the almonds from memory... I'm due to make another batch of super mix now, actually  :)
Patsy in Brisbane

Offline Jannikins

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2011, 06:11:31 am »
Ta Patsy, will give it a go, I have quinoa on hand will use that, and should have everything else.
Great idea to make another less sticky dough to tidy up the machine. thanks.
Jan-South West Aussie

Offline patsycate

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2011, 06:23:41 am »
Good luck!

With quinoa I normally buy the whole grains and grind to a flour.  For the besan flour you could grind whole dried chickpeas but so far I've been using bought flour.

Let us know how you get on  :)
Patsy in Brisbane

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2011, 11:07:56 am »
Sometimes I grind my own besan flour - depends what I have on hand and what seems to be cheaper - flour or whole grains.  Apart from that, I don't mill any of the ingredients (I don't put in the almonds as I want the mix to be school-safe).
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline patsycate

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2011, 04:39:10 am »
For regular makers of this bread, for the flour are you using white or wholemeal, or a combination?

I've been using regular white bakers flour and the loaves have been delightful but recently I found an online supplier and got a sack of wholemeal bakers flour.  I replaced all of the bakers flour in the recipe with the wholemeal instead and the loaves didn't rise much and were very heavy.  (DH has not-very-subtly hinted that I shouldn't abandon my original recipe!)

So... any wholemeal users out there?  Should I maybe try 50/50 white/wholemeal or 70/30 white/wholemeal?  Or perhaps I should use more yeast instead?

I've got to make a couple of loaves this afternoon so I'll experiment with a couple of combinations but if anyone has any experience already to share I'd appreciate it  :)
Patsy in Brisbane