Author Topic: Torrone bianco for ky  (Read 11606 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Torrone bianco for ky
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:04:18 am »
MrSpock, so you don't feel bad - This recipe has been translated (roughly) from this site:

http://bimby.mastertopforum.com/torrone-bianco-tm31-tm21-vt7848.html?start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=torrone

I have not made this, but the recipe has appeared on a few forums.

Name of Recipe:  WHITE  TORRONE TM31/TM21

Ingredients:

1 egg  white
400 gr. honey
200 gr. roasted hazelnuts
Edible rice paper

Preparation:

Line a tray with the rice paper.

Put in the egg white in the TM bowl, place the butterfly and then whip a few seconds at speed 2 just to mix a little.

Add the honey and bake 60 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2.

Remove the butterfly and add the roasted hazelnuts and stir by hand with the spatula.

Pour the nougat onto the paper and carefully spread it out.

Leave it overnight in the dark before attempting to cut.

You can just cool on baking paper and then coat with melted chocolate.

The original wording for those who wish to see what I didn't say:

TORRONE BIANCO TM31/TM21

INGREDIENTI
1 albume
400 gr. miele
200 gr. nocciole tostate
ostie alimentari

Mettere nel boccale l'albume, inserire la farfalla e fare andare pochi secondi a vel. 2 tanto per mescolare un po' l'albume.
Aggiungere il miele e cuocere 60 minuti a 100 gradi vel. 2
Al termine togliere la farfalla e unire le nocciole tostate e rimescolare manualmente con la spatola.
Versare il torrone sulla carta da forno e dargli una forma che si possa adattare bene alle ostie che avete.
Lasciarlo avvolto nella carta da forno per una notte al buio.
Il giorno dopo togliere la carta da forno prima da un lato e poi dall'altro e adagiarvi l'ostia.
Se non trovate le ostie potete ricoprirlo di cioccolato fondente ed avrete il torrone ricoperto.
Se si fanno piccoli e ricoperti saranno i condorelli.

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline laurat

• View Profile
Re: Torrone bianco for ky
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:32:32 pm »
Hi All,

Just a note with this recipe - make sure you cook it without the MC.
I tried it with - and it was a soft mess of honey.
I haven't tested it without - but have been told by other thermomixers that this is the key!

Good Luck :)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 01:05:50 am »
Welcome to the froum laura and thanks for that info  :)
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 04:41:36 am »
I tried to make this but it didn't harden like nougat is supposed even with the MC off. So I had a very gooey hazelnut mess.
 Then I thought if I could put it back in the TM for about 20 mins on Varoma, (like the fudge), I might have some success. I warmed it first in a saucepan as there was no way the TM would be able to move and I warmed the TM with hot water. Tipped out the water threw in the torrone and cooked it for about another 15 minutes. Of course all the hazelnuts were crushed up, even though I had set it to reverse, speed 3. That was okay it would still taste good. I poured it ( more like spooned it), into a rice paper lined tray, but baking paper would have been just as good. And I waited for it to set.
Now its almost like a hazelnut toffee sort of thing but not as sweet, its caramel in colour and tastes really nice, in fact its hard to resist once you start nibbling on it. Its not so sweet that you need to have a drink afterwards like some hard toffees.
Anyway if your going to make the Torrone after about 40 mins on 100' I'd try it with about 15 minutes on Veroma. Let me know how you get on, now for another piece of hazelnut thingy!
Chief cook and bottle washer

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 05:06:20 am »
Lucyluu, thanks for experimenting and sharing your success with us. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 05:08:08 am »
I tried to make this but it didn't harden like nougat is supposed even with the MC off. So I had a very gooey hazelnut mess.
 Then I thought if I could put it back in the TM for about 20 mins on Varoma, (like the fudge), I might have some success. I warmed it first in a saucepan as there was no way the TM would be able to move and I warmed the TM with hot water. Tipped out the water threw in the torrone and cooked it for about another 15 minutes. Of course all the hazelnuts were crushed up, even though I had set it to reverse, speed 3. That was okay it would still taste good. I poured it ( more like spooned it), into a rice paper lined tray, but baking paper would have been just as good. And I waited for it to set.
Now its almost like a hazelnut toffee sort of thing but not as sweet, its caramel in colour and tastes really nice, in fact its hard to resist once you start nibbling on it. Its not so sweet that you need to have a drink afterwards like some hard toffees.
Anyway if your going to make the Torrone after about 40 mins on 100' I'd try it with about 15 minutes on Veroma. Let me know how you get on, now for another piece of hazelnut thingy!
Hi All,

Just a note with this recipe - make sure you cook it without the MC.
I tried it with - and it was a soft mess of honey.
I haven't tested it without - but have been told by other thermomixers that this is the key!

Good Luck :)

Thanks for the tips!  Love to make this - and with the variations! :D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:16:27 am »
Lots of people in this Facebook group are using this recipe with success, so I thought I'd bump it. The key is to make sure you remove the MC when cooking. Also liquify the honey before adding by putting the jar in a pot of hot water.

Here's a great way to clean the bowl: "Nougat flavoured coffee on the run - gotta be the best way to clean the TM bowl after making nougat? Heat milk 5-6 mins, 90, then froth on speed 8 for 20 seconds and pour over a shot of (nespresso) coffee. Yum."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:18:39 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand