Author Topic: Stories behind naming your Thermomix  (Read 7473 times)

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
Re: Stories behind naming your Thermomix
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 09:32:58 pm »
A kenwood ouch!
I don't really have a name for mine, just a strong growing feeling of contentment and love.
DH calls it 'that thing' and tried to move it into the spot where the cord doesn't reach, we had a fight.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 11:17:01 pm »
Love you Lee, always put a smile on my face. Nice to wake up to this forum, have been busy and missed you all. Had time for Thermie, still amazes me how much you can achieve in such little time.
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 03:19:55 am »

As I have raved to her about little else since I brought Thermie home from the cabbage patch, she said that I had better organise one for my Mom (her daughter) and she would pay for it.  Why didn't she pay for mine??????

Maybe you should have told her before you bought yours Lee.  What a great lady your grandma is - bet you are hoping you have her genes  ;)  Hats off to you too for taking the time to speak to her every day - I presume she is in Australia?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 05:12:35 am »
Thanks Lee. You've brought  a smile to my face on a grey day.  :-*
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 05:18:40 am »
Nana lives in Melbourne. I am extremely fortunate to be an only child and grandchild.  Nana (and Pa when he was alive) took me all around the world. Her last trip with me overseas was to visit friends in Singapore and that was two years ago (94)

And when I wasn't staying with her, I would telephone everyday after Kindergarten (when I was three) to tell her the events of the day.  And at 33, I still phone, just in the mornings due to the time difference.  This is also why I travel to Melbourne twice a year to visit her (and of course my parents and friends too). 

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 02:48:40 am »
Wow,she is amazing and you are too Lee. I also believe family are important but can't say I call everyday. I imagine it brightens her day and gives her something to look forward to. I bet she is enjoying the Thermie stories as much as you are ( hopefully not was) enjoying using I.
Denise