Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8991482 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3330 on: June 05, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »
Love the photo Maddy.Looking at them reminded of a childens programme here in the U.K. called " Bananas in Pyjamas" I really enjoy all the photo's that everyone puts on here.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimberley

• View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: June 06, 2010, 12:58:04 am »
Cornish Cream, we have Bananas in Pyjamas in Australia, too. In fact, if we are talking about the same one, pretty sure it is made in Australia. With Rat in a Hat, and Morgan, Amy and Lulu?
Those cupcakes look awesome.
Today we are making tahini (followed by hommus!), laksa paste, tortillas, QuirkyJos fajita marinade and seasoning.
Yesterday I did an impromptu demo for some friends, made lemon sorbet, custard, risotto etc, I would have made 2 sales - if I was a demonstrator.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: June 06, 2010, 01:55:59 pm »
Banana's in Pyjama's IS an Australian made show, created by the same lady that created Hi-5. She created Banana's for her kids and then as they out grew them she created Hi-5  ;D ;D

So cute Maddy .. will bear that in mind for general cupcake decorations for birthday  ;) ;) you are very clever
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: June 06, 2010, 03:00:48 pm »
Today I made ILB's Bimby Chocolate cake (fabulous recipe- works every time), Maddy's cheese & bacon rolls (had to beat the kids off them as usual so there would be some for school lunches) and ILB's Rhubarb & Cinnamon Cake which I undercooked slightly but still tastes yummo. Will have to make this one again because I think if I hadn't mucked it up it would be a sensational cake.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Kimberley

• View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: June 06, 2010, 03:19:39 pm »
I didn't know that Faffa - what a clever lady.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: June 06, 2010, 06:53:30 pm »
I didn't know that Bananas in Pyjamas was originally a Australian production, you learn something new every day.Thanks Faffa and Kimberley.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3336 on: June 07, 2010, 02:17:02 am »
..... and there you go, the fakest, easiest most un-Masterchef fried rice.

Good work Kimberley - judging by some of the dishes I've seen on Masterchef, I think it probably would not have had you facing elimination.

Great to hear all that you have produced.   :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:06 am »
We had Chicken and Bacon roll from the meat book, steamed vegies with chicken veloute sauce. Will post a review.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: June 08, 2010, 07:57:11 am »
Made Carrot and Coriander soup this morning, quiche lorraine yesterday, first time I have tried the pastry recipe, Yogurt yesterday and beetroot salad also.  Tonight going for Mushroom risotto with some roasted sweet potato.   :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: June 08, 2010, 08:14:36 am »
they are the only banana's that don't go brown  :D really, really cute Maddy and if I was a kid I would choose those first on the party table  8)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3340 on: June 08, 2010, 12:19:17 pm »
We still have the painters,  so TMX came to the rescue.  JD's chicken and veg soup for lunch with Isi's Portuguese rolls made into bread sticks.  They voted JD's soup perfect.    Date buttermilk scones from EDC book for morning tea,  I doubled the dates.   Mashed potato, EDC, with roast chicken  and vegs.for tea.   

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: June 08, 2010, 02:38:09 pm »
Today has been another full on in the kitchen. Why do kids have to eat??? - well eat soooo much  ??? ???

Juice, porridge, yoghurt, Maddy's All In pasta sauce (yumm), Cheeseymites, bread, Rice pudding (the kids take it to school cold instead of the tins of Rice Cream :) and now I need to go and make probably the chocolate weetbix slice as I just had someone say from the kitchen that they have eaten the last biscuit   :o :o :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: June 09, 2010, 02:28:22 am »
I'm sure you love it. :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: June 09, 2010, 04:22:09 am »
I made the peanut and choc chip biscuits this morning, in my machine.  Yum
Then, i had to teach Mum about hers, and we made a date slice recipe of ours, and the apple teacake again. Yum

Robyn :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: June 09, 2010, 08:30:00 am »
Spare Ribs:
I am new to all this having only had my thermomix for less than a week but I wanted to mention that tonight we are having the spare ribs from the master chef recipe series (http://www.masterchef.com.au/braised-pork-spare-ribs.htm ) and the marinade and the sauce are both well suited to make in the thermomix. I have just made it and saved probably an hour and a half!

Cottchick :)