Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273766 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 06:11:04 pm »
I promise to let you all know.  I keep checking my letter box, nothing.  The stork hasn't brought Thermie II yet.  We don't have delivery demos to my knowledge, it just lands on the doorstep by courier and off we go.

Xxxooo

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 07:27:45 am »
I went to a TM5 demo yesterday.
Here are my observations (please note this is just my opinion after only one demo)

*I found it to be quieter with custard (and for making JulieO's cookies and cream fudge, this would be a bonus), about the same as the TM31 with sorbet, parmesan, nuts etc
*I think the guided cooking is a great idea, especially for people who don't like recipe books (many kids and partners would really like this)
*I did really like the cookbook and think I will order one when it becomes available
*I kind of got the feeling that there is less control, but I think that would come back with more use.
*If they upgrade with wifi compatability and make the chips open market, it would be very appealing
*The automated feature for cooking rice and yoghurt (the blades don't move* -edited: see Cornish Cream's comment below) could be adapted by those who are clever and can 'pretend' they are making rice whilst actually taking advantage of the blades not moving and be making something else (I'll have to do some more research to find suitable alternate recipes).
*The Varoma basket in the TM5 is better. The base is flat and wider, enabling a wider range of cake pans etc to be used
*The measuring cup is great that it has a 'spout'
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline charlieboy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 09:09:25 am »
Great reviews. I'm looking forward to my demo next weekend:)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:01 am »
Good review Jam,  I'm not inspired yet to,have a demo, but if someone close was having one I would go for a look

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 09:51:55 am »
Thanks Jamberie, it's going to be interesting to read everyone's reviews of the new machine.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 10:39:33 am »
I had my demo today (to get my free thermo server). I noticed the motor is quieter, the new sounds are much more pleasant, I like that the silicon ring is attached to the lid (my consultant said she finds it easier to clean), I also like the cook book has photos from all the recipes. I love the guided cooking because we've got a small kitchen so we often don't have enough bench space for a cook book.

I loved the TM5 so much I was naughty and bought it (my aunty bought one too!)!! My consultant even managed to sell my old one for me (but I was only asking $1200 for it, and there's older ones (mine's 3-4 months) on Gumtree for more).

My consultant told me there's talk of the ability in future to upload your own recipes to chips which would be awesome.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:50:46 am by bluebear_74 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:09 am »
A nice consultant bluebear! Hang on to her LOL. The person who bought your almost brand new TM31 got a real bargain.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 11:57:09 am »
Jamberie I am going to try making a curry and see if I can use one of the auto settings to turn the blades off. Only because I found some cuts of meat still got shredded a bit which I didn't like.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 12:50:29 pm »
Although Jamberie said the blades don't move on the yoghurt and rice automated programs they do initially and then they stop turning to complete the program Troupie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 06:12:39 pm »
Thanks CC, I'll amend my post :)
The consultant said they didn't move :/ thanks for clarifying :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 11:14:20 pm »
A nice consultant bluebear! Hang on to her LOL. The person who bought your almost brand new TM31 got a real bargain.
I will be! She lives near Costco and offered to get me the 320g tubes of Vanilla Bean Paste (a lot cheaper than the small ones from the supermarkets) too.

I think she would have been really happy last night, my brother decided to buy a TM5 also (demos always wins people over)! So she managed to sell 3 at my demo yesterday afternoon.

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 03:31:19 am »
Hi bluebear.  I really need a new consultant, and your's sounds lovely.  Are you in Melbourne?  This new TM5 keeps calling my name :)
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 04:11:10 am »
Has it been confirmed if there's a power out whilst cooking, can the lid be taken off, or is it still in lock mode?
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 04:17:51 am »
Good question maddy.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 05:05:45 am »
Definitely   a concern as we have plenty of blackouts where I Live. My Dd is on the hospital grid so is always . OK.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.