Author Topic: Delivery of Thermomix  (Read 5196 times)

Offline jodiethom

• View Profile
Delivery of Thermomix
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:46:34 am »
Hi All,
I am receiving my Thermomix Tuesday night, I am not sure what I need to do or what it involves, do they cook something?? Do I supply food?
Thanks for your help ??? ;D

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Delivery of Thermomix
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:03:40 pm »
Usually they do a delivery demo Jodie.  Has your consultant not asked you in advance if there is anything in particular you would like to cook that night?  I only did the sorbet but if I knew then what I know now, I would have chosen something a bit more complicated.  I had no recipe books to even know what could be done and I'm not even sure if I had my computer back then either so I was running completely blind.  What with all the recipes on forums, blogs etc now, you guys are so much more in the know about what's out there so if I was you, I would find myself a recipe, buy all the ingredients then let your consultant know what you want to cook on the night.  Maybe tell her first just in case she is going to drop it off and not stay for a little demo. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 02:39:49 pm »
Ask your consultant- if it's a delivery demo they will let you know what food to buy. Mine came over and we made the tomato and red lentil soup in the EDC together but she actually told me beforehand so I had all the ingredients there. they shouldn't just dump you with the TM and leave- they should show you how to take the jug apart as well as how to weigh, put the lid on and off and the basic functions.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:17:35 pm »
How exciting. Not long to wait now :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:21 am »
Hi jodiethom,
How exciting for you.
I am new here and am getting excited about my TM delivery.
I chose to wait three weeks as the consultant is on hols, it will give me plenty of time to chat here and start planning.

I have not had a demo only been to a cooking class. My consultant is going to cook something with me on delivery day. Really keen to hear of good "first week" recipes. Have fun tonight  :)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:37:21 am »
Greyhoundmum - some good first recipes are the vegetable stock concentrate, custard, rice pudding, soup, biscuits, cakes, scones, risotto and some even get straight into bread making.  Chookies No fuss roll recipe is a great one to start with.
Just browse the forum under the different sections and pick out something you fancy, print it out or save it in some way, get the ingredients in and you will be away once the machine arrives.

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:47:03 am »
My delivery is tomorrow- we are making the stock paste- I recieved an email with all required ingredients- I plan to wash and peel everything I need so its ready to go :) Can't wait!

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 11:51:34 am »
Hi cgl,
Enjoy the experience with your new TM. I'm sure you will love it :)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 02:42:47 pm »
hi CGL
Looking forward to hearing about your delivery of TM. Would love to have the stock paste recipe is it in the book that comes with the TM?  What is your first meal going to be?I still have a couple more weeks to wait until my TM arrives, plenty of time to chat to other new members.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 04:19:46 pm »
hi CGL
Looking forward to hearing about your delivery of TM. Would love to have the stock paste recipe is it in the book that comes with the TM?  What is your first meal going to be?I still have a couple more weeks to wait until my TM arrives, plenty of time to chat to other new members.

Yes the stock recipe is in the everyday cook book
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 12:45:29 am »
GHM, there's a vegie stock paste recipe on the forum from Full Steam Ahead and a Spanish one from Bron as well.

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 05:58:59 am »
for making stock dont' worry about peeling, you puree it to a paste so skin can have good nutrients :) unless you don't like idea of skin or like onions :)  Enjoy your delivery
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA