Author Topic: What is?  (Read 84448 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Re: What is?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 04:08:44 am »
What's a chocolate melt? 
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 04:17:15 am »
Chocolate buttons that melt when you place them into oven to cook - see http://www.nestle.com.au/Products/MSI/Melts/default.htm
 and  http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/257/double+chocolate+sprinkle+biscuits

Melt easily when put in microwave/double boiler - substitute buttons !!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:18:59 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 09:49:49 am »
Chocolate melts are very convenient as they are inexpensive and, as Thermomixer said, they melt very readily but they have less cocoa mass and cocoa butter than better quality chocolate.  Okay for kids stuff, but if you want the chocolate to shine it is better to spend the extra.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 10:31:50 am »
Thanks.  I'll just stick to chocolate, then  ;D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 12:32:02 pm »
I came across a mystery ingredient recently and had to Google it:    EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 04:28:16 pm »
I came across a mystery ingredient recently and had to Google it:    EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

ROFLMAO - It took me a while to remember what it was every time I read it after I HAD worked out what it was!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 01:02:51 am »
We have trouble with knowing what each other is talking about even within Aussieland. e.g. Shallots or eshallot is what the southerners call spring onions. Pretty sure what we call Red Claw up here in sunny QLD is called yabbies down south. But Australia  has just recently standardised what fish are to be called in shops and markets across Australia. I'm sure with the flood of Southerners coming across the border we will be converted.(coming up here to drink all our water and fade our curtains! ;)) :D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 01:40:22 am »
...(coming up here to drink all our water and fade our curtains! ;))[/color] :D

For foreigners - in Australia - Queensland does not have day-light saving time during the summer.  When it was first introduced people said that with the extra hour of "daylight" it would fade the curtains, the chickens wouldn't lay properly, the cows wouldn't be ready to be milked, etc.....

Now we just say that Queenslanders are behind the rest of Australia ....... by a few years  ;) ;) ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 01:48:05 am »
...(coming up here to drink all our water and fade our curtains! ;))[/color] :D

For foreigners - in Australia - Queensland does not have day-light saving time during the summer.  When it was first introduced people said that with the extra hour of "daylight" it would fade the curtains, the chickens wouldn't lay properly, the cows wouldn't be ready to be milked, etc.....

Now we just say that Queenslanders are behind the rest of Australia ....... by a few years  ;) ;) ;D

I'm from Victoria originally, so these insults slide off me!  Actually, there would be not benefit at all of daylight saving in the far north, we wouldn't notice any different.  It would probably make a difference in Brisbane, which is basically in NSW anyway.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:05:14 am by Thermomixer »

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 02:03:24 am »
Meanwhile we're soooo far ahead when it comes to the Footy!!! ;) :P ;D :D
I agree Brissy is becoming more NSW - with the flood of immigrants, there will be more blues supporters in QLD then Maroon! :o
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:06:30 am by Nay-nay »

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 02:07:38 am »
Another reason I'm happy to live a tad further north....  8)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 02:19:46 am »
I agree Brissy is becoming more NSW - with the flood of immigrants, there will be more blues supporters in QLD then Maroon! :o

Speaking as a far northerner, I don't like Brisbane!  Is that sacrilege?

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 02:37:11 am »

Speaking as a far northerner, I don't like Brisbane!  Is that sacrilege?
Don't think so  :-\ We don't like it much either cause we live out in the country about 3hrs west but I'm orginally from Ayr NQ - have the sunspots to prove it  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 05:47:19 am »
We West Aussies have just had a 3 year trial of daylight saving and now voted it out. :-)) :-)) So we can't yell too much at the Queenslanders. We're a bit like them in the influx of "tother siders" too or Kiwis. Makes us all one happy :-\ :-\ family.

We're all united with our love of our Thermomixes!!!!!

Err, can't mention the footy though. :'( :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 06:26:52 pm »
I thought we had a conversions thread somewhere - but couldn't find it, so I'm posting my question here (sorry).

I have a recipe for Brioche which I want to adapt to the TM.  It needs 1.5 cups of butter (3 sticks).  Does anyone have any idea how much a cup of butter (or, indeed, a stick) weighs?  Really, really hoping that one of my Australian or American cousins has already worked this one out!