Author Topic: Caramelised pepper pork - From WW pressure cooker book  (Read 15769 times)

Offline MEP

• View Profile
Re: Caramelised pepper pork - From WW pressure cooker book
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 03:11:22 pm »
Do you think this would work with pork fillet? I don't like fat so wouldn't like pork belly.

From Perth WA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 01:42:34 am »
Margaret I am not a fat lover either but I love pork belly.  I don't know how it turns out in the pc (the picture doesn't look fatty though) but when I cook one as a roast, I do it in a slow oven for a few hours, upping the temp at the end to crisp the crackling and all that fat between the layers renders away.  Believe me, if I can eat pork belly anyone with an adversion to fat can too but it's the cooking method that is the secret.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:09:01 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 04:30:12 pm »
Do you think this would work with pork fillet? I don't like fat so wouldn't like pork belly.

With this Recip MEP, all the fat is cut off. 
I'm not quite sure cooking time with fillet  ???  I guess cubed it should be fine, perhaps maybe a little less time.  If the pork is cooked quickly, just scoop out, keep warm, and simmer the sauce to thicken.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 01:57:55 pm »
Thanks Judy and Maddy. I haven't never bought pork belly because of the fat but thought there's layers of fat in between the meat and the rind? The recipe says to remove the rind, I just thought maybe only the rind was removed and the fat remained? Will take a good look at pork belly next time I'm at the shops. The dish looks delish as Maddy has cooked it.

Thanks again for your helpful advice  :)
From Perth WA

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 10:51:40 pm »
We are having this for tea tonight but I'm a little worried about the amount of pepper with the kids, I've left instructions with DH to only use 1 tsp of pepper. how have others found it heat wise?

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 04:51:42 am »
Had this for dinner last night with fried rice and it was loved by all, a definite winner. I only used the 800kgs of pork as that was how much was left from the ribs I bought after removing the rind an a few bones from each of them. DH made it according to the recipe but did double the sauce ingredients as i thought we might like a bit more sauce. I ended up taking the meat out at the end of the cooking time and reducing the mixture for about 10 mins. We also only used only a teaspoon of pepper instead of the tablespoon and found it had a little bit of  heat but not enough that the kids were turned off.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 11:37:32 pm »
Made this for dinner the other night. Used pork medallions, only had 800g of pork. Flavour awesome. The meat was so tender in the pc. 10/10 from us. There are some good recipes in this book :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 03:05:02 pm »
I have this book - I'll have to try this recipe! The chickpea and lentil soup recipe is fabulous.,, it's the first one. I add chicken thigh fillets.