Author Topic: Help! Thermomix is not working......eek!  (Read 12111 times)

Offline photocat

• View Profile
Help! Thermomix is not working......eek!
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:04:26 am »
Ok, folks, hopefully someone can tell me I'm just asleep at the wheel and I've done something that's causing this probem.

My beloved thermomix is not working properly, the blades appear to be spinning but it's not actually mixing/chopping/grinding anything. The knead cycle doesn't show up on the display or work and the turbo button doesn't work.

And so close to Christmas, I could just cry. (Actually I did this morning when I found out, there is a ton of other stuff going on right now and this just tipped the balance from omgosh, is there a full moon, to "I just want this year OVER!")

So, er, any advice? :-\
http://making-cents-at-home.blogspot.com/ - My green and thrifty blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Thermomix is not working......eek!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:16:49 am »
Ring your demonstrator photocat, sounds like a real problem to me. The sooner you get onto it, the sooner it will be seen to.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:30:32 am »
Oh dear I am so sorry, but like judydawn I can only advise you to contact your demonstrator asap.  Hope you get it sorted soon.

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline photocat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:11:23 am »
Thanks ladies, I've been onto Quirky Jo who suggested it might be the bearings on the blades, and after a bit of fiddling, I think that might be correct. I don't have a demonstrator/consultant so have put a call out for one in the local area. Veeeery thankful I may just be out for a new set of blades, rather than however many weeks away from my beloved machine. Phew!  :)
http://making-cents-at-home.blogspot.com/ - My green and thrifty blog

Offline megs987

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 04:40:52 am »
""My beloved thermomix is not working properly, the blades appear to be spinning but it's not actually mixing/chopping/grinding anything. The knead cycle doesn't show up on the display or work and the turbo button doesn't work""

I know this is long after the date you posted, however my TM did exactly the same including the knead cycle not showing up. I was lucky enough to borrow my sisters bowel and blade to test and compare in my TM. What I found was that the blade on mine had indeed come loose. When you hold the black base that fits into the section on the TM the blades themselves are NOT meant to turn independantly. When I tightened them VERY carefully with Multigrips on the top bulb of the metal blade, and using flat nosed pliers that I padded on the black plastic section on the bottom of the blades (so as not to dent the plastic portion) I was able to carefully tighten the blade. This was a last effort attempt for a long out of warrenty machine - of course if your under warrently, dont touch it just get onto your supplier/HO.

My TM now works again just like it should - I have it over 5 years and never had any problems before.

I dont baby my TM at all - I often slightly overload my bowel, dont hesitate to chop up frozen lumps of ginger, whole frozen bananas, refrigerated rock hard dates etc. and given this is my first glitch after 5 years of continual (almost daily use) I am more than happy with the performance and being able to to find a practical solution to my first problem.
 :-*

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 04:47:39 am »
Thank you for posting megs. That is very useful. Whew eh?

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Help! Thermomix is not working......eek!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 01:33:03 pm »
Thanks so much for sharing Megs :)  I'll look for this post if I ever have that problem (fingers crossed I don't though!)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 11:57:47 am »
Thank you for that solution. It is certainly something we can try before buying replacement parts.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/