Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 18061 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:26 am »
A999, sorry to hear. Yes you must be frustrated. I have had a huge potato mash disaster & that wasnt long ago :)

Love my thermie, just use tried & tested recipes from here. Read the recipe all the way through before you start. I am sure you will become great friends & wonder how you coped before.

Any questions, beween us all we can help.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline anewone

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:48 am »
Don't be too disheartened by not having success with playdoh. TBH I'm not a fan of thermi playdoh, I still make me on the stove. I've never had success with it in the tmx

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 10:22:50 am »
It's been a while since my kids were young enough for play dough but I remember the best fail prof recipe I used was always in the microwave.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 11:40:35 am »
Hello a999 sorry to here your not having a good time with thermie. Give him a chance. Like you and many others I had trouble at the start and the family wasn't happy. I nearly caused a mutiny!! But, with time and following the forum recipes, I am having success after success. I still can't make the EDC risotto but the creamy garlic prawn one on this forum is a huge hit in our house. I also find that many dishes are better if allowed to rest in the thermoserve for 5 min before serving. Good luck you will get there and we are all here to help.:):):)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 03:02:06 pm »
I can't add any tips and hints that the other lovely forum members haven't made already.Just keep tying,you will get there ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 06:50:36 pm »
Don't panic Animal999, it will get better, once you start having more good results than bad your confidents will grow. We all still have failures at times, but thank goodness not many any more.
I made coleslaw into soup at the beginning :o :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 12:34:02 am »
Keep trying, sometimes it just takes practice.

soon, it will be so easy..

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 01:09:03 am »
A999 you have not really experienced anything until you make coleslaw soup!  Mashed potato glue was one of my favourites until I started cooking the potatoes in the basket.

Go To to Tenina's website and buy her book For Food Sake. Tenina the ThermoMixtress  is never fail . And I mean never.

Also I know Helene at superkitchenmachine.com tests her recipes at least three times, probably more.

You can trust the members  here to do the right thing and steer you in the right direction. Some of us are obsessed.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 04:57:40 am »
Sorry to hear you are dissapoined A999, keep trying and keep smiling, before you know it you'll be laughing. I have had a couple of mashed potato disasters, but (hopefully) have it sorted now. Playdoh is a regular in this house now, in TM using a recipe off this forum. Once you get the hang of it there will be no stopping you.  :)
And any questions, feel free to ask as we all want you to succeed!  :D
:D