Author Topic: Printing out a recipe  (Read 26204 times)

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
Printing out a recipe
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:21:25 am »
Thermomixer. Would there be any way that you could get a print thingy on the recipes so that you only print out the recipe and not alll the chit chat under it????? I have tried to cut and paste but mine only says copy and I don`t know how to use it properly. Thanks Sandy

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
Re: Printing out a recipe
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:59:52 am »
You can select only the text you want to print, select "copy" and paste it into another document such as a Word document or text document. I hope that helps.
Row

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:03:44 am »
or you can just print selection (doesn't work in google chrome :-))) or print 1 of 1 pages
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:28:54 am »
Or get in quick and print a recipe out as soon as it goes on the forum - before people start to comment or go off on a different tangent.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 02:35:25 pm »
Sandy. I'll see if Master Moderator and Admin can do anything - may be something easy - may have to set up another system.

Like others - I tend to copy and paste into a Word document and then print, but will see if anything can be done.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 03:22:13 pm »
Don't make it too complicated for us oldies Thermomixer.  I don't even know how to copy and paste  ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 04:18:22 pm »
Can I make another suggestion that perhaps all the latest recipes only are also added into a general folder that is titled along the lines say "Recently Added Recipes". All recipes no matter what category they fall into go into this folder, and those people who like to see all the recipes as they go online won't have to trawl through all the various sections to find the latest and the greatest, as they will be able to look at the ones that have just been recently added since their last log on.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 10:53:46 pm »
CP63 - click on the link on the top left "show unread posts Since last visit" then you an see all the new threads (plus old threads with new posts :))
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 12:18:00 am »
Ooooo along those lines what if users added recipes to "new recipe forum" and then after a week a mod moved them to their category. This would also make it easier to update individual indexes. Extra work but moving doesn't take long right?
Row

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 12:34:35 am »
There is now a print button at the top of the list of posts - thanks Master Moderator.

You can now hit the button and all the thread comes up in a new window - you should then highlight the area of text you want and hit your Print button.

In the Print window, find the Print Selection button and choose to only Print the Seleceted area.

Hope this helps - no cutting and pasting into new documents to print.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 02:33:14 am »
There is now a print button at the top of the list of posts - thanks Master Moderator.

You can now hit the button and all the thread comes up in a new window - you should then highlight the area of text you want and hit your Print button.

In the Print window, find the Print Selection button and choose to only Print the Seleceted area.

I tried this Thermomixer but still got all the pages.  Found the print button in the first step.  Hit it and yes, the thread came up in a new window.  I highlighted just the recipe and hit the print button.  It printed out ALL the pages. The next line about the print window and finding the print selection button and choose to only print the selected area - this is where I am confused as the printer is already doing what I told it to do in the last step.  Hope you follow what I mean.  It is probably me doing something wrong - anyone else succeeded in doing it right? Not that I mind getting all the pages unless I am doing it for someone else but I would like to be able to follow instructions if at all possible :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 03:16:55 am »
In Firefox, when you hit Print... it comes up with this dialogue. Judy, you might be using a more direct method of printing that skips the step that brings this up.

Thanks for adding the print button MM :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:18:32 am by Rowyfo »
Row

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 03:18:12 am »
i tend to use the button above that so i print "Pages 1 to 1"

thanks rowy :)
My Cooking Blog

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 03:19:44 am »
Actually I prefer to print out more than one recipe on each page personally... better for the trees :)

Well having said THAT I usually just copy them down onto scrap paper by hand, but whatever.
Row

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 03:26:13 am »
whereas mine always go missing and i end up printing out the same recipes over and over and over again...

(however the drawing paper my children use is all the scrap paper from my old job ;))
My Cooking Blog