Author Topic: thermo server where to buy locally (test result)  (Read 54015 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Re: thermo server where to buy locally (test result)
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 09:13:18 am »
Thanks Nola just received my 2nd bowl today and also another thermoserver, so don't think I need these now

Offline nola276

• Fishing, Caravanning, Painting and now Cooking.
    • View Profile
    • Watercolour Walkabout
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 09:42:09 am »
No worries, i'm sure there will be plenty of takers. :D :D
Cheers, Nola.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why it's called the present.
My Blog: http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 10:45:54 am »
Wow these are so cheap Nora... Am considering these. They look good. Thanks for the heads up. I was trying to google thermal pots etc last night.  ;)
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 09:13:17 pm »
after following this thread for a while and wanting more thermoservers or similar, do you know what i've worked out? it's cheaper to just hold a demo to get them. my consultant simply said that they were $30 if i held a demo, and to be honest, i like the look of them better than any of the other things i've seen. i can understand the frustration of not being able to get one if one is overseas or in a remote area, but $30 and picking up some tips at a demo is probably the best way for me.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 10:37:00 pm »
My recent guest loved the look of the Thermosaver rather than the Indian shop ones and was going to do some searching in Brisbane for something in that style.  I know some people don't like the design of the Thermosaver but I think it's the best of any food thermos I've seen (could do with a lockable lid though ;))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 10:48:39 pm »
i agree about the lockable lid, judy, but why don't you tell your friend just to have a demo to get the thermoserver? she doesn't have to own or buy a tm, just host. i have 2 thermoservers and will host again in the new year and get another one. one of my friends has had several demos and has a collection of them, so everything matches. they might not be to everyone's taste, but i still prefer them to the plastic versions and i don't think there are many other serving dishes out there which are as well priced.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 10:55:08 pm »
I will pass your suggestion onto her TH - she lives in a retirement village so there are plenty of ladies she could invite.  Unfortunately most of them are on their own so I doubt a sale would be made but you never know.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2011, 12:51:07 am »
that's right, judy, you never know. if they don't buy for themselves, they may buy for a child or grandchild. my friend's friend had a demo for a thermoserver and her mother bought one for one of her siblings, so there was sale there.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Re: thermo server where to buy locally (test result)
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »
I've just noticed that Ikea does online shopping and you can buy their insulated serving bowl online http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/search/?query=+Serving+bowl+with+lid
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 05:42:24 am »
Interesting thread and testing of temperatures.

What temp does food remain at, and for how long?

Food needs to be stored at a minimum of  63' to prevent bacteria growth, but can be below that for a minimum of 2 hours only.

I have an old electric hot plate, given to my parents in 1949! Still works fine with china veg dishes.

Offline VieveMS

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »
Hi all, thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a new one...

I have had my Thermie for approximately 5 weeks now and have never had a demo (I did attend a Back to Basics cooking class before I purchased).  My understanding is that if I want the free Thermo Server I need to hold a delivery demo within 3 months of ownership.  Is the Thermoserver worth it?  I don't think any of my friends would be interested in purchasing but they might be up for a 'free feed'.  Should I book a delivery demo or just get one of the other recommended insulated containers?

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:22 pm »
I've just noticed that Ikea does online shopping and you can buy their insulated serving bowl online http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/search/?query=+Serving+bowl+with+lid

Hi I have the Thermoserver as I got it free with my machine but I wanted another insulated dish so I got the IKEA one.  IMO the IKEA one is more attractive to put on the table and it is slightly larger, on the down side the IKEA one has a hole on the side where a spoon rests so I would think let's out some of the heat but not so I have noticed.  Getting a dish from IKEA is a lot less hassle than holding a demo!!!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 01:57:58 pm »
Thanks for bumping this and therefore making us aware of other options for Thermoservers. I know tupperware have/had one too. Not sure how effective it is. The Ikeas one seems cheap though and it would be good if someone could test the temperatures of these for us.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 04:07:18 pm »
I have a  Tupperware insulated bowl. It is actually in two pieces and you put a small amount of boiling water between the inner and outer sections. It works ok but not as good as thermoserver. IMO.

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 08:53:18 pm »
http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/search?q=thermos+food+server

Thermos have food servers. I haven't tried them though.