Author Topic: Prawn, Fish, Pork Ball Soup from A Taste of Asia, p.42  (Read 2719 times)

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Prawn, Fish, Pork Ball Soup from A Taste of Asia, p.42
« on: April 26, 2014, 01:07:29 am »
Enjoyed the taste of this combination of flavours very much.  The only problem in preparing the dish was trying to mince the room-temperature pork (yes - I know I was foolhardy to try, but it was a case of needs must).  Because I was unsuccessful in mincing enough of the pork, the balls themselves were nearly all fish and prawn, but I cooked the remaining pork pieces in the basket while steaming the balls over the boiling soup and this infused the pork flavour into the broth.  Also, I admit I didn't have time to make the dry stock powder, opting for just some vege stock concentrate.  Yummy soup.  Give it a try.

Linked JD 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:15:09 am by judydawn »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
Re: Prawn, Fish, Pork Ball Soup from A Taste of Asia, p.42
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 10:39:59 am »
What a yummy soup. We had to make a few modifications. Used prawns and fish only. And used 750g fish broth that I'd made and 250g chicken broth. I also steamed some cabbage whilst the balls were steaming and served this in the soup. 3 out of 4 of us loved this. The other loved the broth but wasn't fussed on the balls and cabbage. There was Enough to serve the 4 of us for dinner.
Sue from North Queensland