Author Topic: Cream of chicken soup - MOTM  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Cream of chicken soup - MOTM
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »
I made this again the other day as my kids have had the flu and I had 600g of chicken defrosted. Against my better judgement (I prefer making chicken and Vegie soup) my kids prefer this one and as they were sick I wanted to get them to eat something! I have to say that in the past I have used  the 250g  chicken as stated in the recipe and never had a problem- also, omitting the parmesan but this time I bunged the whole 600g in - I don't know if it was me being distracted by sick kids all the time but with the larger quantity of chicken meat it turned out almost like a mousse- very thick and you could have probably eaten it with a fork instead of a spoon. It was still tasty, but rather than getting rid of it I transferred the whole lot into a large stockpot and had to thin it down with chicken stock but even so  I still won't be doing that again. Luckily my kids ate it but by  then I probably had 3 litres of soup to deal with and they were only eating a small bowl each. By the end I didn't even add the egg yoks either as it was far too thick anyway. Live and learn!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: Cream of chicken soup - MOTM
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 09:23:40 pm »
We had this last Friday night. I was very surprised as DS usually doesn't eat soup. He had 2 big bowls. Was nice but I felt it was missing something. I think all the meals I have made with thermie are so flavorsome, and this was a little bland.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: Cream of chicken soup - MOTM
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 11:06:50 pm »
Going to try this again tonight. Might blend some creamed corn into it at the end.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate