Author Topic: Poached plums  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Poached plums
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:56 am »
Does anyone have a good recipe for poached plums? I don't mean the stewed plum recipe on the forum. I was thinking more like
poaching  them in vanilla syrup and honey. I have a glut of plums right now and after making the plum sauce from A taste of Asia (yum) which I am going to use as a dipping sauce for spring rolls for my kids, I want to make something more dessert like ie to eat with icecream. I am experimenting with a few techniques- if I get a decent result, I'll post the recipe, but in the meantime, I would be grateful for ideas.
Thanks all.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Poached plums
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:08:44 am »
Here's a recipe for cinnamon baked plums, not TMX. Is this what you had in mind Merlin?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:58 am »
That recipe looks great Judy. Thank you so much. I have a few spare preserving jars I can use and I might throw in a vanilla pod into each with the plums. Greatly appreciate the link to the recipe!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:50:45 am »
That's good, glad to help.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.