Author Topic: Thinking up a new password  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Thinking up a new password
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:18:54 am »
This happens to me on a regular basis, either I decide it is time to change a few passwords or sometimes I am asked to change a password, i.e. with the bank.  Anyway, I always have a hard time trying to 'invent' a new password that is not easy for someone to guess, so I came up with a solution a couple of months ago.  For me it is an easy option because of where I work, but may not work for everyone (however a supermarket car park can come in handy!).

Whenever I have to come up with a new password or change an existing one I just walk to the window of our shop, note down the rego of the vehicle parked closest to our shop and there you go, a totally random password that bears no relation to me, DH or our business.  If you need more letters than the vehicle has I add part of the brand - Toy for Toyota, etc., or else add car, van or whatever.  Saves a lot of hassle trying to dream up a suitably obscure password - I have used  the name of our phone system, our old answerphone, the name of the hand lotion on my desk, all sorts of weird and wonderful odds and ends in the past, but the rego system is the best yet!   ;D
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: Thinking up a new password
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:29:26 am »
I usually think of a sentence and then use the first letter of each word using numbers for words like to or for (2, 4) etc.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 12:55:40 pm »
That is brilliant Marina. I have several passwords that I recycle. However when I need a totally new one I will try and remember the car idea.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 08:33:39 pm »
It is tricky thinking up new passwords, I finally came up with what I think is a good one a while back and I can even remember it off the top of my head. I like your idea Marina.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 01:49:24 am »
I use the same one for most things, not banks.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url