Author Topic: Hi from Amy :-) the new kid on the block!  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Hi from Amy :-) the new kid on the block!
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:48:13 am »
My mum and I have been keen thermomixers for the past seven years. We started off with the TM21 model and then upgraded to the TM31. I have always been amazed at the variety of meals you can cook in this fabulous machine, and it makes it so easy to prepare healthy, wholesome AND yummy food. My favourite Thermomix meals include mushroom risotto, chicken curry, apricot chicken risotto, pasta fagioli, seafood marinara, tuna mornay, and the recipe I recently created for Salmon and Spinach Pasta, which I am hoping to type up and post on this forum soon!

I am SO excited to have finally registered on forumthermomix.com. I have been meaning to do so for ages! I can't wait to start trying out these great recipes and making up more of my own. It will also be fantastic to have people I can ask for advice when some of my recipes don't come out exactly how I thought they should!

Warm regards to you all,
Amy :-)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Hi from Amy :-) the new kid on the block!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:03:05 am »
Wow Amy 7 years. Can't wait to see some of your converted recipes on here. Your mother and your self know all there is about the thermomix then.
Look forward to hearing more.
Where are you from?
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:17:46 am »
New kid on the block?
With 7 years experience I look forward to hearing your recipes and tricks with the TMix.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:50:32 am »
Hello and welcome. You must be a wizz if you have had a TMX for 7 years, I'll look forward to your recipes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:56 am »
Hi Amy.  you can teach us so much.  Welcome to the Forum. 

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:26:10 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Amy.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:38:08 am »
Hi Amy I was excited to hear you have had your TMX for seven years and still loving it, I have only had mine for seven months and can't  stop singing its praises.  Looking forward to your recipe for Salmon and Spinach pasta.  I have heaps of silverbeet in the garden and will give it a go with that.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:53 am »
Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.  I too am blown away by a 7 year old TMX family - did you keep the TM21 as a spare.  I think I would find it hard to get rid of mine if a new model came out - he has been so good to me that I think I'd want to keep him alongside my new model.  Looking forward to seeing all the recipes you are going to post.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Bonsai

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:14:48 pm »
Hi Amy - wish I'd known about thermomixes 7 years ago - welcome to the forum and hope you and your Mum continue to enjoy the cooking!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 12:46:16 pm »
@dede: I'm a West Aussie, born and bred :-)

@judydawn: We sold our first TM to a friend who couldn't afford a brand new one. It was hard to sell it, because we had so many fun times in the kitchen when we were first learning how to use it, but it was lovely to be able to share the joy of it with someone who otherwise wouldn't have experienced it.

@Bonsai: my mum and I could never get bored of the TM! I'm fairly certain that it will be something we will continue to enjoy, and hopefully share with many others, for the rest of our lives :-)

Wow, I feel a bit intimidated! Sometimes I forget that not everyone has a TM, and there aren't many people I know who have had one for as long as us, so sometimes I also assume that everyone knows the same techniques and tricks as I do. On average, I probably use the TM three times a day, and having done so for many years, it feels very normal for me.

I really hope this does not make me sound like I know it all, because I certainly don't, and I'm sure there is much more I can learn, but I do hope I can provide some useful tips to new TM owners.

Best wishes to you all :-)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 02:18:51 pm »
Welcome Amy, you can talk as long and as much as you like about TM's here - we never tire of hearing about all the fantastic things this machine can do  :D

Why not pop over and enter in the poll so we can keep track of where our members are from.

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 02:43:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum amy.. Wow 7 years..look forward to hearing what you can do with your thx
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/