Author Topic: New TM owner in Pinjarra, Western Australia  (Read 5100 times)

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
New TM owner in Pinjarra, Western Australia
« on: August 07, 2010, 02:53:30 pm »
Hi all,

I am a recent TM owner and am so excited by it that I am also going to do the training to become a consultant  :D

I have two small children and a hubby that was sold on the sorbet (isn't it FANTASTIC).  I have been cooking at least two different things everyday since the TM was delivered.  Pancakes, crumpets, pineapple sorbet, mushroom risotto (turned out very gluey), heaps of baby food, chili mussels, steamed fish, mashed potatoes, butter, dips, apple & berry pie, porridge - and I'm sure there are a few things that I have forgotton to mention.

I lookforward to trying out many many of the recipes  ;D

bigTcup
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
Re: New TM owner in Pinjarra, Western Australia
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:06:05 pm »
Welcome to the forum and the Thermomix world. I too was disappointed with my first risotto - I then found the brand of rice is very important. I use Scotti - an Italian import and now my risotto is wonderful. I also use 20gm less rice than the recipe calls for so it is very liquid when I pour it into thermoserver, then it thickens up beautifully without going gluey.
I also became a consultant because I loved my machine so much and am now the first junior group leader in South Africa.
Keep positive and leep trying all the recipes.
Shayal in Cape Town.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:26:58 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum bigTcup.It sounds that you are having fun cooking with the TM. I hope you have just as much fun training to become a consultant.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline RubyRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:46:39 pm »
Hi and welcome!  :)  I'm a newbie here on the forum too, and live not too far from you (a bit further north).   I've also recently become a Thermomix consultant because I love it so much.   So far I'm really enjoying it!   I hope you do too.
Sounds like you've been cooking up a storm.   Bet your family is loving it too.   My DH has been telling people it's a good thing we got married when we did (8yrs ago), as if he married me now, there'd be questions over his intention for marrying me, seeing as I'm a domestic goddess now, thanks to the Thermomix! (his words  ;))  He says it's all about having the right tools, and obviously the Thermomix is the tool I was missing previously.
With the risotto, I put 1100g water in, and like Shayla said, it's quite liquid when you first pour it into the Thermoserver, but after a few minutes, it is just perfect.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 01:31:21 am »
Hi bigTcup, welcome to the forum.  I am always impressed when people love their TMX so much in the early days that they become consultants.  Good luck in your new career.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 04:49:15 am »
Welcome bigTcup,  hope you have lotsa fun with your TMX.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:06 am »
Welcome bigTcup from another West Aussie.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 11:19:04 am »
Welcome bigTcup - good to see you really getting into the coking.  Makes it easier longterm.  Have fun with demonstrating.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 01:09:17 pm »
I was just looking at my stats and realised that I became a Junior Member today with 50 posts.  Best get to converting some recipes hey - there are just too many good ones on here to try first  ;D
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 12:25:15 am »
It's fun watching your stars add up bigTcup as you work your way to the maximum 5 stars and become a hero member.  So many of our members have already reached that milestone so just look at the experience & knowledge we now have on this forum.  Keep posting, you will get there too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 01:43:36 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Good luck with your training!!