Author Topic: One more sleep!!!  (Read 5998 times)

Offline LindyG

• View Profile
One more sleep!!!
« on: August 04, 2010, 05:09:50 pm »
Hi all,
I am soooo excited to be getting my TMX tomorrow after counting down the days since I decided to go for it (was only Saturday but it feels longer)!  I have even spent the last couple of days de-cluttering and spring cleaning the whole kitchen in anticipation (long overdue).  Can't wait to make my own basics and goodies without all of those nasty additives, not to mention the time I will hopefully save in the kitchen (as I am a slow cook), then maybe I will have time to spring clean the rest of the house!!!!!  Am so glad to have found this forum which I am sure will be a great help!
Thanks in anticipation.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: One more sleep!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:59 am »
Hi LindyG, welcome to the forum.  Nice to see you kept yourself busy whilst waiting for your delivery.  You will have to put the rest of the spring cleaning on the back burner though as once you get your machine you will want to do nothing but cook :D :D :D  Let us know how you get on with it and what you have been making (when you have time ;))  Have heaps of fun.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:33:47 am »
Welcome LindyG. Spring Cleaning- how energetic. I understand the need to have the kitchen ready. Have fun when your TMX arrives
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:27 pm »
Welcome Lindy.  Have a wonderful time cooking up a storm with your TM!!!   :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:37:18 pm »
Welcome to the forum Lindy.Have fun cooking with your TM when it arrives.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 03:08:26 am »
Hi and welcome Lindy. The waiting is the worst part, now you will be able to cook, cook and cook.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 03:11:00 am »
Is it here yet. Is it here yet. Is it here yet.  ;D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline LindyG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 01:58:42 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  Yes it arrived on Thursday and I got straight into making a few things - the butter and custard turned out just fine, the spelt bread rolls ok but no-one liked them too much, and the pumkpin soup was a disaster!!  Very bitter taste - think maybe because I left the skin on - or else my vegetable concentrate must be wrong!!!!!  On a brighter note the buttermilk scones I made yesterday were a big hit!  Am sure I have lots to learn....JD I think you're right about the rest of the cleaning having to wait a while...... :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 02:28:11 am »
I don't think there are too many who like the pumpkin soup recipe in the EDC LindyG so I wouldn't blame your vegie stock concentrate - if you followed the recipe for that you can't go wrong.  Check out the Soup thread for other pumpkin soup recipes people have posted.  I made one a couple of days ago and just threw in peeled pumpkin, sweet potato, onion and potatoes with the stock concentrate and water and it was delicious.  I thickened it with cornflour mixed with coconut flavoured evaporated milk and added some coriander and it had a slight Thai taste.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 04:11:23 am »
Congratulations! Please continue to post your experiences from a newbie perspective--so exciting!
Karen in NYC

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 04:27:37 am »
LindyG, I knock up this Pumpkin Soup 2 quite regularly. I think you will also find the comments and tweaks on this thread interesting for you as to others variations on the EDC recipe.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 02:09:27 pm »
Nice to hear that you are having a ball with your TM LindyG.We all have mixed results when we first start cooking, but someone here will help you sort it out. ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:11:22 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 02:21:18 pm »
Welcome LindyG,  look on disasters as a learning experience.   My chooks ate very well in the first week.  Now the TMX is second nature.  Use the Forum to check out the EDC recipes before you make them.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 11:13:33 am »
Welcome - great to see you have started using it, and don't worry about the learning experiences - we all had them with normal cooking, but that was along time ago.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.