Author Topic: My TMX won't play with me anymore  (Read 20068 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My TMX won't play with me anymore
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:47:27 am »
Hi everyone, been out all day so have only just had a chance to ring H.O. to explain the problem I started having yesterday.  My speed selection dial seems to be stuck.  It will move a little sometimes (from open lid to soft stir position) but I feel as if I am forcing it and it certainly will not go any further.  It has had a lot of use over the past 22 months so I am just thankful it has played up before the warranty period runs out.  Anyone had that problem or any consultant who knows of anyone sending their machine back for this problem?  H.O. took all the details and I was told they will get back to me tomorrow probably.  Anyone know if there are technicians here in Adelaide, she seemed to think there were but admitted to being a new employee who has only just finished her training so did not want to tell me too much in case she was wrong. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
Re: My TMX won't play with me anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:19:52 pm »
Yes there is a tech in Adelaide who can look at it. If they dont get back to you tomorrow pm me and I will give you the number to call for the adelaide person.
Hope it gets fixed!
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 01:25:10 pm »
Thanks riv-mum, great to hear we have one here.  I hated the thought of transporting it back to Perth & would much rather deliver it myself. H.O. did ask me if I had a consultant but I've been told mine doesn't do it anymore.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:19:40 pm »
Judy I know you cook a lot,  but the machine should be  able to do more than 22 months.  Could you borrow your DD's bowl and lid to see if it is a base problem.?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 02:28:12 pm »
Yes I could Chookie, in fact she has said previously I could borrow her whole machine if mine broke down  :-)) :-)) Obviously I use mine a lot more than she does.  I will wait and see what H.O. say tomorrow and give your option a go at the weekend if I still have my machine. If it is quite a common complaint, the technician will know what is causing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 02:28:37 pm »
jd I know this sounds stupid to a veteran user like yourself but are you engaging the lid, I mean has it "clicked into place" before you turn the dials?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:59:55 pm »
Not a silly question Cornish Cream - everything is worth trying. It does click into place.  It actually started acting stiff yesterday during soup making when I was wanting to blitz it at the end.  I managed to get the job done but it has just got stiffer and seized up since. Funny question the girl on the phone at H.O. asked me today though - do you get a beep sound when the lid is engaged?  I've never had a beep sound, only the click sound and told her so.  She did say she has only just finished her training so perhaps a beep or a click is one and the same.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:37 pm »
I've never had a beep sound either?  Thank goodness it is still under warrenty. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 04:07:49 pm »
  I hated the thought of transporting it back to Perth & would much rather deliver it myself.
If it needs TLC in Perth and you want to bring it to yourself we can have a SA- WA catch up  ;) ;)
(always a bed here for you as well)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 08:53:36 pm »
Not a silly question Cornish Cream - everything is worth trying. It does click into place.  It actually started acting stiff yesterday during soup making when I was wanting to blitz it at the end.  I managed to get the job done but it has just got stiffer and seized up since. Funny question the girl on the phone at H.O. asked me today though - do you get a beep sound when the lid is engaged?  I've never had a beep sound, only the click sound and told her so.  She did say she has only just finished her training so perhaps a beep or a click is one and the same.
I've never had a beep sound either?  Thank goodness it is still under warrenty. Hope it gets fixed soon.
I have never noticed the bleep before when the lid is engaged but when using the TM this evening my TM does bleep. :o
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 11:54:27 pm »
Judy I am devastated for you my friend. Hope it is sorted soon.

My lid clicks and if I give it another push it beeps

Gert
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:56:18 pm by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:19 am »
Well, there you go, some have a beep and others may not have even noticed it.  I will take more attention when my machine gets fixed. Thanks for your offer VHJ  ;D ;D ;D  :-* :-*

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 02:58:16 am »
Ooh yes Judy, bring it over we'll take care of you.

I am devastated about your machine Judy, I can just imagine how you feel. Mine is 20 months old now and I am getting a little scared that something will happen to it, for the money it should last a LONG time. I hope it is something very minor that can be fixed with ease.
My lid beeps and clicks.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 03:03:26 am »
Mine probably did before all this Cookie but I never noticed.  I can just see all our members checking to see if theirs beeps now  :D :D :D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 06:06:24 am »
Hope it is fixed for you soon JD - it is very hard being with out it  :-)) :-))

All the machines beep when you lock the lid in, it is very faint though and you will need to listen for it with no other noise around. Once you have heard it you will always hear it when you listen for it. What makes it hard to hear is that it does happen at the same time as the click when the lid locks on  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!