Author Topic: Now my THX is here - a few questions...  (Read 4568 times)

Offline marmee

• View Profile
Now my THX is here - a few questions...
« on: June 26, 2009, 05:34:05 am »
Just wondering why the manual syas you can't use wooden spoons in the TMX?  I get that we have the spatula, but say it goes walkabout, as things do in my household...why not a wooden spoon?

And also - what sorts of cooking require the reverse speed? 

Thanks!
Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

Offline baf65

• View Profile
Re: Now my THX is here - a few questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07:40 am »
i think they probably mean dont use wooden spoon when the blades are spinning, like with the TM spatula you can put it in when the blades are running as it has that special stopper to prevent it reaching the blades
I use wooden spoon or bendy spatula all the time when scraping the bowl as I dont think the TM spatula is very good at getting everything out of the bowl

The reverse button you can use if you are incorporating ingredients that you dont want to be chopped, eg fruit into muffin mix, nuts into a salad mix.  I also use it for cooking risottos or bolognese sauces etc etc

have fun with your machine!

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:28:51 am »
Ahhh - thanks for that   :-*  Perfect.

So reverse is basically when you would be gently stirring?  But then again, what is the soft speed doing?  Still chopping a little?
Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:44:57 am »
Reverse means the blunt side of the blades is coming in contact with the food, so it won't be continually cutting the food while it stirs. Soft speed would still be cutting a little bit, depending, of course, what kind of food you had in the TMX.
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.