Author Topic: Curried Sausages  (Read 42503 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Curried Sausages
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 11:29:24 am »
I made this for our dinner tonight.  I have to admit as I was stacking the washing-up in the sink after plating up (TMX, varoma, thermoserve, rice basket and assorted bowls and spoons) I decided the dish would need to be very tasty to enter the "make again" folder.

I am pleased to report it was extremely tasty and DH declared it was the best curried snags he had ever tasted!!!  I modified it slightly by using 1/2 brown rice (I started cooking this 15 minutes earlier with 1200g water), rapadura, spelt flour and relish instead of mango chutney.  I also left the onion and apple quite chunky and chopped them more when I added the tomatoes later in the recipe.  I was too lazy to dice the toms by hand ;).  I steamed carrot, capsicum and zucchini in the varoma and my sausages were lovely pork ones (real meat) that my butcher makes.  Yummy!!!

Thanks for another great recipe JD!!!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:11 am »
That's great to hear Chelsea, thanks for the compliment (and your DH's too).  I am amazed at the response to this recipe as I don't particularly like sausages myself and only did it to satisfy a craving my DH has from time to time.  Men and their snags aye  :-)) :-)) - give me a chicken fillet, pork fillet or fillet steak anytime  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 03:20:05 am »
We added a few more sossies (as the two males in our family have arguments over portion sizes).

I remembered this post last night and smiled as my DH became a little miffed that teenage DS1 now gets the largest serving  ;D ;D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:18 pm »
Made this tonight and really enjoyed it. I substituted potatoes for rice and mashed them in the thermoserver. It is very quick and tasty JD thank you for the recipe.  :-*
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline tasbell

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 06:43:58 am »
Made this a week ago and loved it!!! This was the first time i had made curried sausages from scratch (usually use the continental packet one).
I did not have apricot jam so just added more mango chutney and it was a lovely sweet curry taste.

Is def on a favourite list now.
Belinda
Thermomix owner since 21 Aug 2009

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 11:01:24 am »
We really love this meal.  We have just polished off the left-overs from last night and the flavour was so yummy!!!  Perfect for a cold and blustery evening!  :)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 09:09:47 pm »
Made these last night, oh so tasty and full of flavour - so a very definite will make again!. I didn't peel the sausages (began this task but it was painful!!!!!), but this was not a problem.
Thanks JD for the recipe post.  :) :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 01:13:01 am »
Glad you enjoyed them Robyn :-* :-*

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 01:19:23 pm »
Thanks for this tasty offering JD.  I loved it!  The children weren't really into it, but I'm sure they'll come around!  lol

I like my sauce a bit thicker so next time I might add more flour or less liquid.  Other than that it was the best I've ever tasted!

:)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 01:24:40 pm »
Thanks rubyslippers, tweak away - that's what we all do on this forum. 

Offline atpemberton

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 10:47:33 am »
DELICIOUS!! made this tonight for myself and two kids. I Loved the combination of the mango chutney, Apricot jam, saltanas and coconut. so yummy! and this was my first at steaming sausages and i think they taste great - must be healthier too!

ThankYou!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 12:18:16 pm »
Glad everyone liked it atpemberton, nothing wrong with steamed sausages but people have to do it for themselves to realise this. ;) ;)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 11:13:58 am »
Yummy Judy......was tonights dinner  :)

I did omit the sultana's (My Mother is to blame for why I don't put sultana's in a savoury dish!  ;)), and just used fruit chutney, and a combination of beef and chorizo sausage, yellow & red capsicum and celery.

We all enjoyed it  ;D
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 12:15:36 pm »
Nice picture maddy, very colourful  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 03:31:56 am »
It is a lovely cool day here so decided to give my curried sausages another go. I tweaked my recipe a bit and must say, I did enjoy this dish myself this time (too hot for me first time). I only used 1 tsp of homemade Madras curry powder (I really like this recipe from the Indian book).  I found it a bit runny too rubyslippers (although the rice does soak up the excess liquid nicely) so will adjust liquid measurements in the original recipe.  I cut my vegies into pieces that were a bit big and they weren't cooked when the rice & sausages were done so I cut them  smaller and added them to the sauce where it says 'Add the remaining ingredients except sausages'. I did pumpkin, carrot & zucchini and will be adding vegies everytime I do this now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:33:47 am by judydawn »