Author Topic: SHREK JUICE  (Read 29120 times)

Offline jaclom

• View Profile
Re: SHREK JUICE
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 09:34:06 am »
Can't see how the fibre could in any way be detrimental!  If anything it would fill you up so you'd have less fruit / veges and hence calories!  Not good long term though...

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:52 am »
Why could it be detrimental long term? After discussing green smoothies with a dietician the biggest benefit she could see was that the smoothies still contained all the fibre from the fruit and vegetables, and on this basis she was happy for me to have a smoothie as a breakfast replacement she wasn't keen for me to do that if I was juicing as she felt that amount of fruit and vegetables was not good in the longer term without the fibre. I'm a bit confuesd now  ???

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:59 am »
in the back parts of my memory I seem to recall reading somewhere that the body is unable to/finds it difficult to absorb the goodness from the juice without the fibre...  ??? (I could be wrong)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 11:55:42 am »
Having juice with out the fibre is also a sugar hit for your body. With the fibre it makes it a lower GI and reduces the insulin reaction from your body (I have been informed)

My dad is a diabetic and can't have juice from a juicer but can have a TM juice no problems.

People whose health is compromised (like people undergoing chemo) are often advised to have juice from a juicer as the body can access the nutrients quickly with out having to expend the energy to process the fibre. For most people though this wouldn't apply

I am no expert, this is only info that I have been given over time from various in the know people  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline jaclom

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:38 pm »
i only meant not good long term if you are only having juices.. I'm sure a shrek or green smoothie etc, daily is good! I have one myself every day..

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 01:39:13 pm »
I agree with you jaclom ... also don't think I could stick to a juice fast blehhhhh I would be looking for some crunch and texture in a day or so I think  :-)) :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 02:01:06 pm »
Having juice with out the fibre is also a sugar hit for your body. With the fibre it makes it a lower GI and reduces the insulin reaction from your body (I have been informed)

My dad is a diabetic and can't have juice from a juicer but can have a TM juice no problems.

People whose health is compromised (like people undergoing chemo) are often advised to have juice from a juicer as the body can access the nutrients quickly with out having to expend the energy to process the fibre. For most people though this wouldn't apply

I am no expert, this is only info that I have been given over time from various in the know people  ;)

You hit the nail on the head Faffa. The fibre is filling and lowers the GI.  Most dietitians will recommend that you eat your fruit rather than drink it because of the fibre.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 08:28:52 pm »
Thanks everyone, it seems we are all on the same track. I'll stick with my green smoothies daily, i couldn't fast on them but  do find them great for breakfast and feel much better for them. Maybe the idea behind the juice is that they are for a shorter time as a cleanse rather than a long term habit.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 10:20:35 pm »
I find it hard to have it for breakfast Wonder but find it is a convenient drink to have when I am having the "grumbles" late afternoon!