Author Topic: Great Pattycakes  (Read 42017 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Great Pattycakes
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 02:37:06 am »
Amanda, next time try this for pattycakes instead :) http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1227.0 only one egg in the whole mix :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 04:44:40 am »
The cupcakes with the egg replacement worked out ok.  They were a little drier than cupcakes with egg, but I didn't expect them to be exactly the same anyway.  A couple of them (slightly larger) broke when I removed them from the tray, but hey.....they were the commission ones that I got to eat!  They rose well, and dropped a little in the middle, so with icing they were pretty much flat across the top.  I then added 5 mini-marshmallows (his 5th birthday), and you don't notice at all.

Mind you DS2 (the egg allergic one) is just really not a cake fan, and he just had a nibble at the edges.

For the family get together for DS1's birthday on the weekend I am doing the ILB chocolate cake and I will try to make a rocket out of it.  Currently in the oven using the egg replacement stuff.

ETA:  ARGGGGHHH!!!!  Cake came out of the oven and I let it sit about 5-10 minutes then went to turn it out to cool on a rack, it wouldn't come out at first, so I gave it a tap........and it came out, welll.......half of it came out!  Its not stuck.....I think I should have let it cool totally maybe???  So I have to make another one....and you know what...I don't have enough sugar left!!!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:43:49 am by AmandaN »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 04:34:41 am »
Bugger !!!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2010, 03:03:30 am »
My thoughts exactly Thermomixer!

I've just had to re-visit my recipe as I lost all my recipes when my computer crashed. Thank goodness for this forum and my blog and also the fact that I have most printed off and placed in display folders - take note everyone!!

I must convert this to weights. Will do so today.

Also, another point with cakes. I find the best way to incorporate flour is to use  :: setting.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2010, 03:22:00 am »

then went to turn it out to cool on a rack, it wouldn't come out at first, so I gave it a tap........and it came out, welll.......half of it came out!  Its not stuck.....I think I should have let it cool totally maybe??? 

somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind, a handy hint has come to the fore if this happens: Put the other half in its rightful position and place a damp tea-towel over the top and just sort of hold there for a couple of mins. I'm guessing the steam and the tea-towel help to knit it back together???

PS. I'm a great advocate of baking paper  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2010, 03:26:47 am »
Me too CP63, I think I keep that company afloat :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2010, 08:44:51 am »
Gosh I thought it was me keeping them afloat. :P Just goes to show how much we all use it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2010, 04:47:25 pm »
the puddin's in the eating" so they say - and it is really true, so you will have a wonderful time proving them right or wrong. I hope you have a lot of fun along the way.  :-* keep us posted as to your trials and tribulations.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2010, 02:44:40 am »
I baking papered effort No 2 and it turned out a charm!  Made it into a rocket cake (I will upload photo at some point).  So artistically creative!  Just cut the corners off the slab and make them into the fins/stands at the bottom.

The botched effort No1, I just cut off the salvagable edge parts and took them for playgroup morning tea.  Tasted really good!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2010, 03:08:40 am »
Hooray for baking paper  :D :D  Certainly makes life easier. Can't wait to see the photo.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Lisa J~

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2010, 11:56:22 am »
Thanks for this recipe. I just made some and they were lovely. Made a second batch and stirred crushed Oreos through the batter and they turned out even NICER!!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2010, 07:31:32 am »
Welcome Lisa J - great to hear that the recipe worked for you  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2010, 09:44:43 am »
thanks mj for a great and simple recipe. mr 3 yr old and i had fun whipping these up this afternoon and decorating them.  i love the recipe the batter is so fluffy and when cooked the pattycakes are beautiful and moist.
btw a tip i could have used prior to making these, dont whatever you do drop half and egg shell into the tm when the blades are spinning cause it takes quite some time to pick all the bits of eggshell out of the batter  ;) :P :-X
Emma from Victoria

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2010, 02:54:41 pm »
Whoops!!

I always crack my eggs on my upturned MC and drop it in. That way I can pick any shell out of the MC before putting it into the main bowl.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2010, 07:57:14 am »
I always crack my eggs into a container before I add them to things. Habit I guess from growing up on the farm.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/