Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7861325 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38940 on: May 27, 2020, 08:19:46 am »
The sneaky hug would have been very special Chookie.                                                                        A quick sale is a good sale Michele, it must have been hard explaining the machine to someone who has no experience with one.  I wouldn’t know where to start, we just do it automatically without thinking too much don’t we?  With all this talk between you and Julie re the new model I find I am telling myself I don’t need to upgrade from the TM31 for 1 person - I don’t, I don’t, I don’t.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38941 on: May 27, 2020, 10:08:31 am »
LOL Judy.  I'll be quiet  ;D

Great news regarding the sale of your 5 McMich.  I can remember in those first few weeks how I didn't really know what I was doing and wondered if I would ever just be able to use it without checking what speed to use etc.  You forget just how much we've learned (learnt?) and still learning.  Life would be pretty boring if we knew everything.  ;D

That's lovely Chookie with your GS.  I know I missed mine and he must have too because he kept giving them to me, I miss his little face.  :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38942 on: May 27, 2020, 10:34:14 am »
The sneaky hug would have been very special Chookie.                                                                        A quick sale is a good sale Michele, it must have been hard explaining the machine to someone who has no experience with one.  I wouldn’t know where to start, we just do it automatically without thinking too much don’t we?  With all this talk between you and Julie re the new model I find I am telling myself I don’t need to upgrade from the TM31 for 1 person - I don’t, I don’t, I don’t.

Don't do it Judy. I sooooooo regret it.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38943 on: May 27, 2020, 11:24:30 am »
Yes I must remember that Gert.  It’s just that I’m into cooking again at the moment (albeit on a small scale) but when my DD and SIL return to SA I’ll probably share my cooked meals with them at times so I’ll be cooking a greater variety in meals I would think.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38944 on: May 27, 2020, 02:49:37 pm »
I wrote up a post last night and forgot to post !
All about how I first came to find this forum and I watched as a guest for so long but all the hints and tips made me so happy as no where else could you find any info about Thermomix. I was hooked from the start with my TM31 . Finerly I joined as I hated not being able to see the photos it drove me nuts so there was all your beautiful cooking in colour. I learnt a lot .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38945 on: May 28, 2020, 01:43:15 am »
A beautiful cool but sunny day.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38946 on: May 28, 2020, 02:25:15 am »
Good morning everyone.  A cool morning here, cloudy one moment sunny the next.

I haven't contributed much lately but do manage to check in every now and then.

Thanks to everyone for the group hugs, I really need them at the moment.   I joined the forum in 2009 with no consultant and no idea how to use my TM31.  Everyone here was so helpful and friendly with answers to my questions.  I like the look of the TM6 but would never part with my 31.

I'm having a lot of computer problems lately with lots of drop outs so the NBN are coming on Friday to see if they can fix the problem.  My house phone is also connected to the internet which with hindsight was maybe not such a good idea.  No internet, no phone.

We have an appointment at another hospital today for DH to have a MRI as the doctors found a small anurism (?) when he was in our local hospital recently.  DS has offered to take us as appointment is for late afternoon and could be getting dark when we come out.  My eyesight is not good enough now for night driving.

Michelle, congratulations on the purchase of you TM6 and the sale of you TM5.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 02:28:45 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38947 on: May 28, 2020, 10:50:59 am »
I hope all went well with this afternoon’s appointment Margaret and good luck with your internet problems tomorrow.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38948 on: May 28, 2020, 12:07:20 pm »
I hope DH’s appointment went well Mab. Thinking of you.

Judy I know how you feel with the TM 6. I love reading what JulieO and Mich are writing. I keep thinking how I would love to try those things. I mentioned it to DH and he said get one, but I have to pass my 31 to my youngest brother. He and his partner already have a 31 and love it. I don’t want to let it go so I will stay with the 31 and the 5.

We are having a cold front come through tomorrow, but no where as bad as the other day.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #38949 on: May 28, 2020, 08:35:37 pm »
Good morning all. Work today. Yesterday we started with shared rooms again. Most patients were ok with it. The visiting hours increased to by an hour. From a nursing point of veiw it was really good not having to work around visitors

Hope you find some answers for DH MAB.

Lots of good forum memories being shared.

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38950 on: May 28, 2020, 08:40:48 pm »
Mab, hope all went well with your trip to the hospital.  Hang in there and rely on family and friends. Being independent, like you, it is sometimes difficult to accept the help.
Cookie, I see you are in for some more bad weather. Just rain this time?
It is quite cool here.  We have had a couple of frosts and fog today. Good cooking weather.
Like others, I still am considering a 6, but have to be convinced it would suit my needs.  I appreciate the reviews from Julie and Michele.   Thanks.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38951 on: May 29, 2020, 02:25:51 am »
A lovely sunny day here although still rather cool.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.   The hospital made no comment on how the MRI went so we now have to wait until we talk to the doctor.

I had a message from the NBN this morning to say that they have cancelled today's visit and will let me know when they set another date.  To say I am angry is putting it mildly.  I don't know how they expect me to use the internet when it keeps on dropping in and out all day long.  It's rarely on long enough to get anything done as well as dropping out in the middle of a phone conversation.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38952 on: May 29, 2020, 06:03:28 am »
Mab, that is awful about  your internet .  Can you ring a supervisor and say you have a sick DH and need the phone in he has an emergency.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38953 on: May 29, 2020, 06:30:50 am »
Chookie's suggestion is well worth following up.  I know exactly how frustrating broadband is.

I also know how frustrating it is to wait for the MRI result.  Thinking of you both.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38954 on: May 29, 2020, 07:19:14 am »
Mab, that is awful about  your internet .  Can you ring a supervisor and say you have a sick DH and need the phone in he has an emergency.

Chookie, my service provider is aware that DH is not well.  It's very frustrating trying to do anything or contact anyone.