Author Topic: Our pets with photos  (Read 555015 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Our pets with photos
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 09:48:28 am »
Jude I have a friend with a rat, she says the same thing that they are so affectionate as well. I just cant bring myself to like them.
My other friend has a pet mouse that she adores, in the first week of getting her she had to go to the vet and have her tail cut off as it was a short tail to start with but got caught on the exercise wheel and badly bruised. Cost her $70 for the vet :o
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 10:48:11 am »
Dede, love your kids :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:26 am »

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 11:10:55 am »
This is the first of a few photos I would like to post on this thread. It is a bit blurry because I had to take a photo of a photo :-))

It is my old rottweiler, Floyd. He was the most gentle dog of his breed that you would ever come across :) He was such a gorgeous boy, I miss him so much :'(

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 11:18:03 am »
Gorgeous AMY.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 11:28:06 am »
Amy,  we had a giant  dog too,  65kg of english mastiif x great dane. The width of a mastiff & the height of a great dane.  I miss  him everyday, used to cuddle up with or black cat. Gentle giant too.

I had him before I met dh, luchkily dh & dg loved each other. Would love another, but as dh says not with artificl lawn >:(
H :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 11:33:42 am »
Gorgeous AMY.

Gert

He absolutely was Gert, would you like to see a photo of him and his sister as puppies?

Amy,  we had a giant  dog too,  65kg of english mastiif x great dane. The width of a mastiff & the height of a great dane.  I miss  him everyday, used to cuddle up with or black cat. Gentle giant too.

I had him before I met dh, luchkily dh & dg loved each other. Would love another, but as dh says not with artificl lawn >:(
H :)

I love big dogs Hally, they are the best for cuddles :) I could never own a chihuahua :-))
Your old dog sounds huge :o

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 11:34:10 am »
Jude I have a friend with a rat, she says the same thing that they are so affectionate as well. I just cant bring myself to like them.
My other friend has a pet mouse that she adores, in the first week of getting her she had to go to the vet and have her tail cut off as it was a short tail to start with but got caught on the exercise wheel and badly bruised. Cost her $70 for the vet :o
Thankyou:) my rats are classed as exotics and cost me around $300-$400 per problem.  Rats are not cheap pets. Do not get them unless you are rolling in it or prepared to be poor here and there.  
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline stef

• my favorite monkey in antwerp zoo
    • View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 11:49:42 am »
All the pics are so nice and wonderfull..  I do question about adopting greyhounds (mostly from spain) if i see how many are adopted in my little village alone and all the people i know on the internet, i am really really convinced that it became BIG BUSINESS.. There are thousands of abused greyhounds every year...   My guess is that they are bred AND abused to earn money through the adoption process
Live life to the fullest

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 11:51:20 am »
Amy, yes he was, bless him. We love big dogs. Before I met dh he slept on one side of my bed, tnen one day he Did a big running leap on to the bed & broke it!!

My dh who doesnt really drink, drank 1/2 a bttle of scotch when he went to sleep in our house. We kept him going fr 2 years on steroids, he was nearly 13 when he left us, a huge age for a giant  breed.

:)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 11:54:23 am »
Thankyou:) my rats are classed as exotics and cost me around $300-$400 per problem.  Rats are not cheap pets. Do not get them unless you are rolling in it or prepared to be poor here and there.  

I like rats . I used to have mice.

GERT

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 11:57:56 am »
Gorgeous AMY.

Gert

He absolutely was Gert, would you like to see a photo of him and his sister as puppies?

Sure would.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 12:01:55 pm »
Well Gert .... I like that you like rats! Xxxx
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 12:49:15 pm »
I have a question for the greyhounds owners. I heard opposite things about them: one is that they need a lot of exercises and space in the garden to run and another that they are couch potatoes. Which one is it?

I think it's a bit of both nonomix.  Greyhounds do need exercise daily and they do love to walk & run.  Our greyhound is quite elderly now, but still enjoys a walk every morning.  She gets very annoyed if she ever misses her walk and will pace around the house and won't settle.  But after her walk she is very much a couch potato and is happy to lay around, snoozing for the rest of the day.

All the pics are so nice and wonderfull..  I do question about adopting greyhounds (mostly from spain) if i see how many are adopted in my little village alone and all the people i know on the internet, i am really really convinced that it became BIG BUSINESS.. There are thousands of abused greyhounds every year...   My guess is that they are bred AND abused to earn money through the adoption process

It's certainly not like that in Australia Stef.  The Greyhound adoption services are run by people who do it for love, certainly not money.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline stef

• my favorite monkey in antwerp zoo
    • View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 02:05:56 pm »
I have a question for the greyhounds owners. I heard opposite things about them: one is that they need a lot of exercises and space in the garden to run and another that they are couch potatoes. Which one is it?

I think it's a bit of both nonomix.  Greyhounds do need exercise daily and they do love to walk & run.  Our greyhound is quite elderly now, but still enjoys a walk every morning.  She gets very annoyed if she ever misses her walk and will pace around the house and won't settle.  But after her walk she is very much a couch potato and is happy to lay around, snoozing for the rest of the day.

It's certainly not like that in Australia Stef.  The Greyhound adoption services are run by people who do it for love, certainly not money.

I am not talking about the adopting groups, but about the people where they save them from.... The amount of abused greyhound dogs is way more then any civilised nation can account for..... Abusing greyhounds became an industry in spain and portugal...
Live life to the fullest