Author Topic: Another Lemon Curd  (Read 9253 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Another Lemon Curd
« on: October 19, 2010, 08:37:16 am »
This recipe has been adapted from the wonderful "Bourke street bakery' cookery book., for the TMX.  The curd is for filling tart cases. It is silky smooth and SO easy to make in the TMX.  The only disadvantage is that it takes 10 eggs.   It also should be made with Real fresh lemons, NOT Meyer lemons.

10 eggs
200g. caster sugar
250g. of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
300mls. of pouring/whipping cream, (35% fat)

Into TMX bowl place eggs, caster sugar and lemon juice.
Mix for 1 min. on speed 4.
Add butterfly and cream, cook for 12 mins., on 100,  speed 2.
Remove cap and mix for 2mins. (no heat),  to cool it down a little.

Pour into a container and place plastic wrap on top of curd to prevent a skin forming.

refrigerate for at least 8 hours or over night.

HOW EASY IS THAT.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Lemon Curd
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:03:38 pm »
Can't have too many lemon curd recipes Chookie. ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:55 pm »
At the weekend I had a cleanout of the fridge as we are going away next week for 5 nights and I threw out the remaining 2cms in 2 jars of lemon curd which have been in the back of the fridge for goodness knows how long - too long to trust that they would be still OK although they didn't smell off.  Might have to try this one when we get back Chookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »
At the weekend I had a cleanout of the fridge as we are going away next week for 5 nights and I threw out the remaining 2cms in 2 jars of lemon curd which have been in the back of the fridge for goodness knows how long - too long to trust that they would be still OK although they didn't smell off.  Might have to try this one when we get back Chookie.
Holiday Judy?
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:27:13 pm »
I'm ignorant about the different types of lemons too - what is wrong with Meyer lemons ???  We have a lemon tree in our garden, and I have no idea what type it is, but it does bear heaps of fruit.  Can I work out what type of lemon it is?
Karen in Adelaide

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 01:26:44 am »
Holiday Judy?
Yes CC, DH & I are going to Melbourne to see the Titanic Exhibition, visit DD No. 1 and catch up with Chookie & her DH too.  This is our first holiday since my op almost 12 months ago - only a small break but it has taken me this long to have the confidence to book another holiday with memories of having to cancel our cruise at that time still playing on my mind.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 07:57:15 am »
Judy, that will be wonderful for you both.

Thanks for the recipe Chookie. I'll mark it in my book. I love that book, I can just sit and read it. I made Tenina's Citrus Butter/Curd the other day.  It's very nice too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 09:38:24 am »
Holiday Judy?
Yes CC, DH & I are going to Melbourne to see the Titanic Exhibition, visit DD No. 1 and catch up with Chookie & her DH too.  This is our first holiday since my op almost 12 months ago - only a small break but it has taken me this long to have the confidence to book another holiday with memories of having to cancel our cruise at that time still playing on my mind.
Have a wonderful time Judy. :-*

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 09:45:26 am »
JD,  we are all looking forward to your visit.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 11:51:52 am »
KJH,  Meyer Lemons are a mix of orange and lemon.  In our cold climate this is the only lemon we can grow,  and then against a stone wall.  They have a mild lemon flavor .  The lemons that you buy from the supermarket and fruit shops are not Meyer lemons and have a more lemon flavor.  The texture of this is so silky I will be buying lemons to make this next time.  It is also SO suited to the TMX.  This recipe makes 2 large jars.  DH loved it but not enough "bite" for me made with Meyer lemons.  I will turn this into icecream.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 12:07:23 pm »
Thanks everyone, going without my computer so will be off the air for a while.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 12:25:52 pm »
Thanks so much ACW - the things you learn on this forum!  I think that the lemons in our garden are Meyer - they are pretty mild tasting, and they do cope well with the frosty winters we have here.  I love a lemon curd with "bite", and so will take your advice and buy lemons when I try this one out.

JD - have a fantastic holiday with your family and visiting ACW.  I bet there will be some great food, great fun and lots of chatting when you 2 catch up  ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 07:06:52 am »
Thanks everyone, going without my computer so will be off the air for a while.

Have a good holiday

Thanks Chookie, but that's a lot of eggs - lucky you have chooks   ;) ;D

Let us know how you go with the ice cream - will you add more lemon flavour? zest?

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.