Author Topic: Arming yourself with knowledge  (Read 4688 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Arming yourself with knowledge
« on: March 15, 2009, 03:08:52 am »
Ayla, I see you are doing a lot of reading (and some posting too of course) so that when you receive your TMX you will have aquired a lot of knowledge about this amazing piece of equipment.  Good on you.  I did mine after I had it for around 6 months and had many failures - like you, should have done it sooner. Will be interested to hear from you as soon as you start making things - what you like, what you didn't etc.  Good luck with it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Ayla

• TM31
    • View Profile
    • Primal Home
Re: Arming yourself with knowledge
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 03:58:03 am »
Hey thanks! It's a habit of mine lol, I'm a careful decision-maker :) eg I looked into homebirth a good 18mths before we were even considering kids, heh :D
DS homeborn September 07
DD homeborn September 10

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 04:59:49 am »
It really is great to have so many people contributing to the forum - when I started there was brazen's blog, Dani's blog, Ximena at Lobstersquad in Madrid, and that was about all for Thermomix in English.

It would be interesting to know how many people don't get full use from their machines because of lack of "support".  Many feel embarrassed to ask their demonstrators.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 05:09:00 am »
Demonstrators probably don't have the time to contact all their clients to see how they are going, to pass on tips and recipes etc which they must pick up on their journey but I am sure if we were to contact them they would answer all of our queries. It is easier and much more fun though to talk to fellow owners of the TMX through this site.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:11:36 am »
i guess it depends how you do it though - when i was a tupperware demonstrator i sent monthly emails with recipes, tips, specials etc. it did take a few hours to do but certainly much easier and quicker than calling everyone! (plus i hate the phone lol)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:19:45 am »
If only every demonstrator was like you Karen but I did get some recipes recently from my lass so perhaps that will be the first of many.  Like you, I'd rather be at my computer than on the phone!